Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sayco bob is offline Professional Member-T-bad email, rejected

single stage v/s two stage

Don’t get me wrong I believe in two-stage cooling when it fits the application. I just don’t think that the cost difference is always justified. If one system calls for a 3.5-ton unit and you have to go to a 4-ton unit for that zone are other duct modifications also needed? I have yet to install an American Standard or Trane R-410a 2-stage unit but it is my understanding that the staging is not 50/50 but more like 67/33 this means that the 4-ton unit on low stage is almost enough cooling on low I just think that the increased cost in this application is not justified. The benefit of 2-staging is almost completely missed out. From my experiences almost all contractors are not willing to cut it close to what the load calculation comes in at (if they are performing a load calculation at all) which could possibly mean the low stage will handle the cooling load all of the time

sayco bob is offline Professional Member-T-bad email, rejected

Frown 1" filters

I would also stay away from the 1" filters. The Carrier Infinity control is a wonderful tool to learn about air flow. The communication between the control and blower allows us to see the CFM delivery, the RPM of the blower motor as well as the total external static pressure created by our duct system. This has really opened my eyes to better air filtration. If you use a 1" Hi-E air filter you are likely to create more static than the entire duct system and coil create. There is just not enough surface area to a pleated 1" filter. If you are using a mechanical air cleaner the filter replacement cost can be less than the pleated 1" filters. If you are buying filters for $6.00 each and changing them once a month it will cost you $72.00 per year. Not to mention the more in electricity you will pay for your motor working harder moving the air across the more restrictive filter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12