Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deko81 View Post
    I already did, but no answer.I will try again.
    Our office hours are 8 AM to 5 PM EST. Human beings answer the phone. There is a system for after hours. Please check the number and dial again .

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Our office hours are 8 AM to 5 PM EST. Human beings answer the phone. There is a system for after hours. Please check the number and dial again .
    I tried on email, i dont speak english so good so i will wait for email answer.

Thank you.

I was pumping down a large VRF system today. The instructions said to connect to the liquid and hot gas lines and view the suction line for progress ( 3 pipe system ).

I used the Bluevac to measure pump and a Thermal analog to measure the suction. After an hour I saw no progress on the suction pipe and was ready to start cutting pipes. I then decided to place the Bluevac on the suction pipe and see what happened. The Bluevac showed progress that the analog did not ( high end ). This thing paid for itself at least 2 times over today.

The " high end resolution " saved my butt today ( I bought it for the low end ).New tools , new information....go figure.

lol the bluvac has caused me to up my evacuation method .. I just been to busy I haven't made it over to johnstone to buy what I need for my setup .. none of the uniteds in my area have what I'm looking for or id be set

joeyd your awesome tool made rses magazine on the new tools & test instruments page ... but the image of the product is backwards & upside down ... its a good look for u guys anyways! great product

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 33 View Post
    joeyd your awesome tool made rses magazine on the new tools & test instruments page ... but the image of the product is backwards & upside down ... its a good look for u guys anyways! great product
    Obviously, the BluVac made the editors flip...

-or-

The BluVac has turned the world of evacuation upside down (and backwards)...

-or-

The picture is correct, its just the BluVac makes everything else look backwards...

Sorry, my really bad attempt at humor....please accept it as such!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Obviously, the BluVac made the editors flip...

-or-

The BluVac has turned the world of evacuation upside down (and backwards)...

-or-

The picture is correct, its just the BluVac makes everything else look backwards...

Sorry, my really bad attempt at humor....please accept it as such!
    Hows that patent going Joey? Im dying to know what makes this so much better then all the other stuff out there..

Im finally giving in. Ill be ordering one this week from Tru Tech. I hate that I need to have the latest and greatest but this just seems to be so different then everything out there. I will be making videos when I get it in to compare to the thermal, inficon piolet, YJ, CPS Vg200..

Thanks for your dedication..
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Hows that patent going Joey? Im dying to know what makes this so much better then all the other stuff out there..

Im finally giving in. Ill be ordering one this week from Tru Tech. I hate that I need to have the latest and greatest but this just seems to be so different then everything out there. I will be making videos when I get it in to compare to the thermal, inficon piolet, YJ, CPS Vg200..

should of ordered it two weeks ago when i told you for 50 bucks off........
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

Sorry, Pascone10, you're in for a long wait...getting an application through the USPTO takes years! And even then, I'd still be careful as to what I divulge. It's not in my best interest to give my competitors hints.

Suffice it to say that, historically, there have been issues that have plagued the performance of micron gauges that the BluVac technology solves. It really does what I say it does, and now there are a lot of independent techs out there that recognize the improvements.

And thank you for your vote of confidence. I am sure you will be pleased. If you have any problems or questions with your unit, please call me at the office...I would be happy to hear from you.

I just ordered the bluevac and the appion megaflow kit from Truetech tools. I got the kit without the gauges. Used it on a 10 split system with 120' of 1-5/8" pipe. Worked great, having the big suitcase to keep everything needed for evacuation together is really going to be nice. The bluevac worked great, had me really scratching my head as the reading would pull down and rise up and pull down, finally got it down to 246 microns! Was using a JB 6 cfm pump.

Question leak free?

There is no such thing as "leak free". Everything leaks some--its just a question of how much. Submarines and space shuttles leak some. Your house's water and gas pipes leak some. The question is, what is an acceptable level of leak and under what circumstances?

Check out the attached manual. This might help you understand why some systems seem to hold a charge for years, while others can't hold for minutes. A micron gauge on a pump down is merely one tool to determine if a system is *tight* or not.

Here is another interesting concept about common practice: the pitfalls of high pressure leak testing. let's say you jack up the system with N2 to a couple of hundred psi, right? What is the resolution of your gauge? I mean, to catch a tiny leak, you would have to come back a month later to see if the gauge moved. Now, pump in let's say 10 psi with a 50 psi gauge. Now, you have room to see subtle needle movements. Ok, what about ultra low pressure? You could put in a fraction of an inch water column and, using a maonometer, pick up small leaks rather quickly. You complain that some leaks only occur at higher pressures, right? How about a meter that can detect leaks of the order of about an ounce per year at 150 psi? Check out the Kuhlman bubble testers. These have been the standard for testing labs for years.

What I'm saying is you need an arsenal of tools--not just one. I think you need the most accurate, reliable micron gauge available. You also need very accurate high pressure gauges and thin-film leak detection fluids and an accurate electronic sniffer. Keep in mind you cannot replicate evey condition of use but you can conduct reasonable test conditions that will reveal problems in 95-99% of the time.

HTH,
    Attached Images Attached Images

So how does it compare to the Inficone Pilot? I have the pilot which seems to work great, seems accurate, but it eats batteries {9v} like crazy. If we get 5 systems vacuumed on a battery we have done good, usually only a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    There is no such thing as "leak free". Everything leaks some--its just a question of how much. Submarines and space shuttles leak some. Your house's water and gas pipes leak some. The question is, what is an acceptable level of leak and under what circumstances?

Check out the attached manual. This might help you understand why some systems seem to hold a charge for years, while others can't hold for minutes. A micron gauge on a pump down is merely one tool to determine if a system is *tight* or not.

Here is another interesting concept about common practice: the pitfalls of high pressure leak testing. let's say you jack up the system with N2 to a couple of hundred psi, right? What is the resolution of your gauge? I mean, to catch a tiny leak, you would have to come back a month later to see if the gauge moved. Now, pump in let's say 10 psi with a 50 psi gauge. Now, you have room to see subtle needle movements. Ok, what about ultra low pressure? You could put in a fraction of an inch water column and, using a maonometer, pick up small leaks rather quickly. You complain that some leaks only occur at higher pressures, right? How about a meter that can detect leaks of the order of about an ounce per year at 150 psi? Check out the Kuhlman bubble testers. These have been the standard for testing labs for years.

What I'm saying is you need an arsenal of tools--not just one. I think you need the most accurate, reliable micron gauge available. You also need very accurate high pressure gauges and thin-film leak detection fluids and an accurate electronic sniffer. Keep in mind you cannot replicate evey condition of use but you can conduct reasonable test conditions that will reveal problems in 95-99% of the time.

HTH,
    You bring up a good point on leak testing. Since I got my Digicools this spring, I've been extremely pleased with my leak test results. 100 psi nitro shows the leaks every time, when you have resolution to the 1/10th psi.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast