Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dennyf View Post
    Great! By the way I appreciate your taking the time to share your test results with us. That why I wanted to share my results too! It helps all of us make informed decisions when in comes to purchasing equipment.
    Sure it does.. Im dealing with that on another thread.. Cant wrap my mind around what leak detector to pick up lol..

SO on this length of tubing can I braze in a couple access fittings next to each other? What other gauge are you looking for next to the BluVac?

You know on youtube there are 5 bluvacs on that type of setup.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

What does 5 bluvacs in a row prove? That they are all calibrated the same?
    Always here

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    That they all are reading the same.. THey were extremely close.. In my example you can see that the were all off from one another. Repeatability

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

I wonder how five YJ 69060 would do. Did you use the Bluvac up against one of those?
    Always here

Actually, yes, but not in the way that you think.

The 5 BluVacs were calibrated via the process of freezing and thawing, at atmospheric pressure, exactly the same as every BluVac is calibrated at the factory, and in the same way as you can do yourself.

There are no other adjustments on the BluVac, no tweaks to set at various pressures or temperatures, either by the user or at the factory. Simply freeze and thaw, and they work as illustrated in the video.

I wonder how five YJ 69060 would do. Did you use the Bluvac up against one of those?
    No all the gauges in the vid are mine and a buddy of mines. Now that I have the BluVac I have no need to buy another one lol.

Plus I dont know how much those yj's are but the bluvac is reasonably priced.

Try that with 5 sets of $150 manifolds and see what you get. It suggests a level of precision in engineering and manufacturing. Keep in mind that I'm not "sold" on bluvac micron gauges. I have my YJ 69075 and I'm confident in it's reliability. You will notice that in many of the tests that lesser micron gauges were used and despite my request for a "REAL" test against gauges that are better regarded (Thermal, YJ 69075, 69080) that very little was forthcoming. When there was a test the variance seemed small to me.

In my mind I think the Bluvac is a decent enough micron gauge but the 69075 does have some advantages for me. On of the biggest is that it has it's own case, and a remote probe. Why? for one, if it starts raining I have less chance of damaging the unit- I close the case cover. also for storage purposes I like that it has it's own case and storage compartment for misc parts & connectors. It's a good place to store valve cores that have been removed from the system too. I tend to be a little rough with tools when I'm packing up after a late night so when the micron gauge has a cover I can snap closed and tossed on the truck that's a plus. how and where are you storing the the bluvac when not in use? I used to have the YJ that had the same format as the bluvac and I trashed it because it never seemed to find a permanent safe home. The last thing is the male fitting on the bluvac. It's funny because the yj 69075 has the exact same setup, except for one thing- the yj gives you 1) an adapter fitting. 2) a place to store it (the case) I actually like the male fitting because I can cap the fitting after every use to keep contaminates out. Where does that leave you with the bluvac? Unfortunately a bunch of loose parts with no good storage system.

IMO, the bluvac has a serious deficiency in their design when it comes to everyday field use. A instrument as important as the bluvac should have it's own case.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    SO on this length of tubing can I braze in a couple access fittings next to each other? What other gauge are you looking for next to the BluVac?
    I think brazing access fittings right next one another would do nicely. I would like to see it compared to the YJ 69075; that's what I was thinking about getting before the BluVac came along.

Quote Originally Posted by dennyf View Post
    Yes, I did watch that video; that is one of the reasons I bought the BluVac. However, even though the vacuum gauges are connected to the same system, If you are comparing two I would like to see both connected on the same pipe, preferably with a tee so they are both reading the same environment.
    Check out the my youtube page added the VID you requested

You may need to change the settings or post the link.
    I see nothing new ATM
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    You may need to change the settings or post the link.
    I see nothing new ATM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeHpFOgvhY0

This is easier, Your right..

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    I assume "u guys" means AccuTools. When designing the BluVac, we labored over what we thought would be the best fitting. Should it be M or F Flare? Perhaps a 1/8th or 1/4th male NPT (to allow multiple adapters). A 'T' possibly?

What we learned is that every tech has his own individual preference. We chose the 1/4 Male Flare because it is overall the most reliable and least susceptible to damage.

As far as adapters go, they are available everywhere. Some cheap, some expensive, some good, some bad. Our business is making the best electronic tools available. We don't do hardware...others do that much better than we can! I know a lot of techs that make their own fittings...they don't trust much of what they could buy.

There are many threads here and on other forums that highly recommend using a core removal tool as the gauge adapter...specifically, it seems that there is a high regard for the Appion core tool. I am not associated with Appion, but if their core tool makes my gauge work better, I have no problem passing on the info!
    New forum member/tech here. I'm doing my initial 'starter kit' purchase and included your gauge as part of my orders. Partially due to the amount of fan fair, the size & apparent accuracy, but also due to this response above. That's the kind of spirit I like to see in a vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by BGPM View Post
    New forum member/tech here. I'm doing my initial 'starter kit' purchase and included your gauge as part of my orders. Partially due to the amount of fan fair, the size & apparent accuracy, but also due to this response above. That's the kind of spirit I like to see in a vendor.
    You made the best choice you could have made.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast