+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: AccuTools BluVac Micron Gauge

Post Likes
    I pay to ship to them they pay to ship back to me has been the norm for most all HVAC instrument mnfgs. I have dealt with for warranty and non warranty service/upgrades.
    FWIW I have never heard one ask for both ways paid by the customer but have heard of it the other way around
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassajara View Post
    You have a quote that says where's all the stuff made in the USA then you beat the guy up for making an improvment to his product which he is willing to do for free. Remember he doesn't make any money on shipping. Support an american made product I know he doesn't claim tha it is and it will probably go ovee seas. If it becomes popular but I was in the factory yesterday and I wasn't in china ;-)
    I don't make any money on shipping either!!!!!!!!

Your right I do buy products made in the USA. I do this because with that usually comes decent customer service. What I like to see is long term companies manufacture products here. I know im a nut. You dont see it very often but there are a few out there that are still making stuff here. Kelin, Some Redwing boots. Etc. are not going anywhere when they get big...
    Not knocking Joeyd. His prices are VERY reasonable. Almost too good to be true lol. I would pay 350 if it was made here lol. Like I said Im a nut. I bought the Thermal. Thats made in the states!!

I never beat him up. Just tried to re-explain my point of view on shipping. Like I said, take it for what it is. It's nothing personal Tassajara.. I know how I would feel If I had to pay that in shipping for a brand new tool. If it doesnt bother you then pay for us to ship them to FL! JK.

I do like how he is making tools for the HVAC trade tho. Trying something new is cool. Like I said. I can't justify the purchase yet.. But by the summer I will Prob. own one. Should have jumped on that deal you guys had on Tech. Did you end up ordering one?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    I bought the Thermal. Thats made in the states!!

I never beat him up. Just tried to re-explain my point of view on shipping.
    I have made a few shipments of my micron gauge under warranty and post warranty to Thermal Engineering and never had to pay to have it shipped back.
    Pissed I had to send it in the first place but..........

Post Likes
    Are we talking about the new micron gauge? Did this not hit a web based tool outlet today?, and we are our already arguing about shipping it back for service? Tell me it ain't so.
    Always here

Post Likes
    Wow I have some cheap a$$ peers in our trade. What is wrong with being offered an optional upgrade for the pure cost of shipping? I bet JoeyD is sorry he even offered this to everyone and probably thinks he should have just sold is as a new low temp version BluVac2. Then everyone would have to buy is again if interested in low temp operation.
    I will call their office today to make arrangements to get mine updated. BTW its the best Vacuum Indicator I have ever used hands down.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AirTechMech View Post
    Wow I have some cheap a$$ peers in our trade. What is wrong with being offered an optional upgrade for the pure cost of shipping? I bet JoeyD is sorry he even offered this to everyone and probably thinks he should have just sold is as a new low temp version BluVac2. Then everyone would have to buy is again if interested in low temp operation.
    I will call their office today to make arrangements to get mine updated. BTW its the best Vacuum Indicator I have ever used hands down.
    I wouldn't by another micron gauge if i just bought one 2 weeks Ago. Maybe more extensive beta testing would have eliminated the need for this. It's not about being cheap bro. Your missing the point.
    Why would he be sorry? All decisions can take constructive criticism. I dont think I was out of line. I Never bashed him or his product.. I stated my opinion on the subject that's all.

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    I don't make any money on shipping either!!!!!!!!

Your right I do buy products made in the USA. I do this because with that usually comes decent customer service. What I like to see is long term companies manufacture products here. I know im a nut. You dont see it very often but there are a few out there that are still making stuff here. Kelin, Some Redwing boots. Etc. are not going anywhere when they get big...
    Not knocking Joeyd. His prices are VERY reasonable. Almost too good to be true lol. I would pay 350 if it was made here lol. Like I said Im a nut. I bought the Thermal. Thats made in the states!!

I never beat him up. Just tried to re-explain my point of view on shipping. Like I said, take it for what it is. It's nothing personal Tassajara.. I know how I would feel If I had to pay that in shipping for a brand new tool. If it doesnt bother you then pay for us to ship them to FL! JK.

I do like how he is making tools for the HVAC trade tho. Trying something new is cool. Like I said. I can't justify the purchase yet.. But by the summer I will Prob. own one. Should have jumped on that deal you guys had on Tech. Did you end up ordering one?
    I was only busting balls. text isnt always the best place to try to be funny. I bought the gauge and a scale with the charging module. Real happy with both so far

I also like to buy American(Well actually any country that pays decent wages)

Post Likes
    Hi, Guys.

I recognized that I made an error, and I want to make it right.

For those who want it, we will upgrade your gauge at no charge, and we will pay return shipping. Call us to arrange for service.

FYI, all BluVacs purchased on or after Wed. Mar 30, and any product purchased from TruTech Tools already have the upgraded firmware.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassajara View Post
    I was only busting balls. text isnt always the best place to try to be funny. I bought the gauge and a scale with the charging module. Real happy with both so far

I also like to buy American(Well actually any country that pays decent wages)
    Yea humor is really hard on Here. Glad your happy. When my scale fails I'll get one of joe's

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Hi, Guys.

For those who want it, we will upgrade your gauge at no charge, and we will pay return shipping. Call us to arrange for service.

FYI, all BluVacs purchased on or after Wed. Mar 30, and any product purchased from TruTech Tools already have the upgraded firmware.
    Joe,
    Glad to see this! I will be making a purchase. I'll be on here explaining how much I like it as well I'm sure. Keep up the good work!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Hi, Guys.

If it cost money for the improvements charge for it! I don't think you can make a mistake improving your products. But when this new product has been out for just weeks and guys bought these days ago with no warning of a change that someone obviously knew was coming in a few days I can you see where a guy could get pissy. The thing weighs a few ounces with out a battery or hook. A box and packing weigh more than this gauge so I feel shipping is really not an issue for either customer or manufacturer but for an internet based company shipping directly to customers shipping should just be part of business. You have to ship everything just about and so does the customer if it goes back and forth for any reason. If you feel like upgrading for free that's seems like a different type of decision and can see why you would want to do that this time too.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    If it cost money for the improvements charge for it! I don't think you can make a mistake improving your products. But when this new product has been out for just weeks and guys bought these days ago with no warning of a change that someone obviously knew was coming in a few days I can you see where a guy could get pissy. The thing weighs a few ounces with out a battery or hook. A box and packing weigh more than this gauge so I feel shipping is really not an issue for either customer or manufacturer but for an internet based company shipping directly to customers shipping should just be part of business. You have to ship everything just about and so does the customer if it goes back and forth for any reason. If you feel like upgrading for free that's seems like a different type of decision and can see why you would want to do that this time too.
    The weight is not the problem. It's the insurance in case it is lost or broke intransit that's expensive.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    and you think this is a good thing?
    For the majority of the population this is a good thing. Any micron gauge is better than none at all. Pretty much anybody I've worked around either doesn't use a micron gauge or even own one. I do residential and maybe it's a whole different mindset but I here "close enough" way to often. I hate to say it but I'm prob the only guy at my shop that uses one. So ya they should be built in so you have to use it. If your worried about accuracy then just use both.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by showtyme View Post
    For the majority of the population this is a good thing. Any micron gauge is better than none at all. Pretty much anybody I've worked around either doesn't use a micron gauge or even own one. I do residential and maybe it's a whole different mindset but I here "close enough" way to often. I hate to say it but I'm prob the only guy at my shop that uses one. So ya they should be built in so you have to use it. If your worried about accuracy then just use both.
    Are you saying a built in micron gauge is not accurate?
    Always here

Post Likes
    It will be great for measuring the micron level inside a refrigeration manifold and collecting all sorts of crap which will lead to fustration and the discontinued use of a micron gauge
    Like showtyme said it would be better than nothing.
    Will probally sell more stand alone gauges or seperate sensor to the main gauge in the long run

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    It will be great for measuring the micron level inside a refrigeration manifold and collecting all sorts of crap which will lead to fustration and the discontinued use of a micron gauge
    Like showtyme said it would be better than nothing.
    Will probally sell more stand alone gauges or seperate sensor to the main gauge in the long run
    Help me understand ice, you're saying that the manifold may have debris or contaminates in it possibly causing inaccuracies? So you prefer a vacuum pump set-up with a tree rather than a set of 4 port manifold gauges?
    Always here

Post Likes
    I'll see if I can't get some examples from the field so its clear what most the problems are. A gauge like this BluVac will only make things more clear.
    Basically saying any typical service manifold that gets typical use and handling is a horrible place for such a thing internally compared to external for reading vacuum in a system.
    Don't get me wrong one gauge that displayed everything from a remote sensor would be quite useful

Post Likes
    i always try to get my micron gage as far away from the vac. pump
    as i can.

Post Likes
    as to the video...

So it's been compared to a JB... So what! I always knew that thing was a piece of crap.

Why not compare it head to head with a thermal or the one I use, the YJ 69075?

If it's a good unit why waste time comparing it to a Supco, JB, CPS, or any of the lesser crap out there?

I love my JB vacuum, but I sure as hell wouldn't waste my money on their digital manifold or micron gauge!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Post Likes
    I looked at the web site, and I should say that in all honesty those charging scales look awesome!

http://www.accutools.com/index.php?page=products&subpage=ds220

I very much like the fact that the scale is compact and has it's own handle combined with the fact that you can hide the display inside the scale for storage. Very utilitarian. If it is both rugged and accurate (a difficult combination) then I would say that could be a huge winner.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in