Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    and you think this is a good thing?
    For the majority of the population this is a good thing. Any micron gauge is better than none at all. Pretty much anybody I've worked around either doesn't use a micron gauge or even own one. I do residential and maybe it's a whole different mindset but I here "close enough" way to often. I hate to say it but I'm prob the only guy at my shop that uses one. So ya they should be built in so you have to use it. If your worried about accuracy then just use both.

Quote Originally Posted by showtyme View Post
    For the majority of the population this is a good thing. Any micron gauge is better than none at all. Pretty much anybody I've worked around either doesn't use a micron gauge or even own one. I do residential and maybe it's a whole different mindset but I here "close enough" way to often. I hate to say it but I'm prob the only guy at my shop that uses one. So ya they should be built in so you have to use it. If your worried about accuracy then just use both.
    Are you saying a built in micron gauge is not accurate?
    Always here

It will be great for measuring the micron level inside a refrigeration manifold and collecting all sorts of crap which will lead to fustration and the discontinued use of a micron gauge
    Like showtyme said it would be better than nothing.
    Will probally sell more stand alone gauges or seperate sensor to the main gauge in the long run
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    It will be great for measuring the micron level inside a refrigeration manifold and collecting all sorts of crap which will lead to fustration and the discontinued use of a micron gauge
    Like showtyme said it would be better than nothing.
    Will probally sell more stand alone gauges or seperate sensor to the main gauge in the long run
    Help me understand ice, you're saying that the manifold may have debris or contaminates in it possibly causing inaccuracies? So you prefer a vacuum pump set-up with a tree rather than a set of 4 port manifold gauges?
    Always here

I'll see if I can't get some examples from the field so its clear what most the problems are. A gauge like this BluVac will only make things more clear.
    Basically saying any typical service manifold that gets typical use and handling is a horrible place for such a thing internally compared to external for reading vacuum in a system.
    Don't get me wrong one gauge that displayed everything from a remote sensor would be quite useful
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

i always try to get my micron gage as far away from the vac. pump
    as i can.

as to the video...

So it's been compared to a JB... So what! I always knew that thing was a piece of crap.

Why not compare it head to head with a thermal or the one I use, the YJ 69075?

If it's a good unit why waste time comparing it to a Supco, JB, CPS, or any of the lesser crap out there?

I love my JB vacuum, but I sure as hell wouldn't waste my money on their digital manifold or micron gauge!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

I looked at the web site, and I should say that in all honesty those charging scales look awesome!

http://www.accutools.com/index.php?page=products&subpage=ds220

I very much like the fact that the scale is compact and has it's own handle combined with the fact that you can hide the display inside the scale for storage. Very utilitarian. If it is both rugged and accurate (a difficult combination) then I would say that could be a huge winner.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

I have the scale with the charging module i have only had it a week or so and so far I love it. Its nice to be able to program in your charge and walk away

Micron guages have always been a problem in our lab. Joe was nice to help us get one and so far its looking like the replacement for our old standby TE's.

One very nice thing will be the oil contamination indicator and the calibration feature. I'm forever asking the students what might be wrong with their set-up when they can't get to 500. Now at least they can see if they got oil in the hose/sensor.

Spent several minutes cleaning YJ and TE sensors Friday morning. I found using a turkey needle injector very helpful.
    keep your ice cold and flame hot

im ordering this tonight cant wait to get it ..... hey joeyd im glad as i read through this thread i see u updated the product to work in temps lower than 32 .... that was almost a deal breaker . . . . almost was going to just buy the vg64 again today but there wasnt one on the shelf so i decided to question other products out there & was directed to this product . . . hey idk if u handle shipping direct but throw in a product related XL tshirt for the guy ordering the bluvac @ 9:40 eastern time shipping to NJ

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 33 View Post
    im ordering this tonight cant wait to get it ..... hey joeyd im glad as i read through this thread i see u updated the product to work in temps lower than 32 .... that was almost a deal breaker . . . . almost was going to just buy the vg64 again today but there wasnt one on the shelf so i decided to question other products out there & was directed to this product . . . hey idk if u handle shipping direct but throw in a product related XL tshirt for the guy ordering the bluvac @ 9:40 eastern time shipping to NJ
    Thanks for the order, Wiz, I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know if you have any problems or questions. Tshirts are S and M only......just kidding......there are no tshirts!

just got my bluvac yesterday in the mail. busted it out and was playin with it just pulling a vaccum on a 5foot hose with the gauge on the end. i can't get it too hold a vaccum. no matter what i do. i've tried just a hose and using the pump to blank off then i tried my manifold thinking my pump might have a small leak. but it still just keeps climbing. i can pull the hose off completley and sometimes it just climbs in microns doesn't go to hi-p?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast