Thread: My Intro

My Intro

Hello everyone, my name is Jason. I am 33 years old and currently own a 25% share in a local HVAC company here in Jacksonville, AR. In affect I am a 3rd generation owner looking for new ideas & best practices to take my company into the future. My father is getting ready to retire in a couple years so it's up to me to pick up the flag and continue on.

In high school I completed a vocational program in HVAC. In truth I hated it...that wasn't going to be me, but my dad made me take it because I may need it to fall back on he said. In 1998 I come off an internship with Reynolds Metal Company and was paid very well to basically sweep floors. That was great but it didn't last long and I had to get a real gig...then came getting thrown on the installation crew doing about 2 to 3 RNC's a week and toss in a few retros here and there.

BACK TO COLLEGE: I wanted to work in computer networking and got my Assoc. in Computer Information Systems. Upon graduation I could see that everything I just learned would be obsolete in 6-months and really figured that career path was not the right path to take. So I returned to the HVAC industry.

Since 2002 I have been in charge of the office where my duties have consisted of basic accounting, service dispatch, fixing AC's over the phone , and making decisions on advertising. In addition to that more so on the technical side I have also performed load calculations, take-offs, performed some service calls (but not many), and prepared sales proposals for a numbers of years as well.

In all honesty since joining this forum my eyes have been opened to just how much I didn't know about this industry so I am thankful for the learning experience. I now have the motivation to further my education and have already taken steps to bettering myself and my company. I find my self being a constant pest now days pointing out things we could be doing better. In time when I'm running the show people will either get in line or be left behind.

I am EPA Certified 608 Type II, PM, and 410a. In the coming month I plan on taking the IAQ test that Mainstream offers and may consider the GREEN test as well. Last summer I took the EPA Lead Paint Renovator course and got that certification as well. In 2007 I took the Arkansas Business & Law exam which went towards my company getting our Commercial contractors license.

Other than that there's not much to tell...I like anything that has to do with football and basketball, particularly I'm a big Razorbacks fan. I might also mention I love to cook, I'm short and fat.

savvy?
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"-Dr. Strangelove (1964)

Welcome here!!

Have you applied for pro membership yet? Lots of good stuff in the pro section.

you've been here for 2 months?

psssttttttt

when you click on your user name a really disturbing picture comes up
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Welcome to the site.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Welcome here!!

Have you applied for pro membership yet? Lots of good stuff in the pro section.
    Well I did that about a month ago and never heard anything back. Think I should resubmit?
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"-Dr. Strangelove (1964)

Hello, and welcome to the board.