Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate this change out

Post Likes
    Is that unit laying on top of wires?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Irascible
    Originally posted by chillbilly
    Not sure what NATE has to do with this thread at all.
    I'm no NATE apologist. But that's easy. It's the shallow thinker's scape goat for the trade's problems. Is your filter dirty? That damned NATE tech must not have installed it right. Did you blow a fuse? NATE must have recommended some crappy fuses. Stub your toe on the couch? That sinister looking NATE repair dude must have moved the furniture around when you weren't looking.

LOL!

Think you could have posted that somewhere else. He wasn't asking peoples opinions of NATE, he was wanting opinions on the system. Yet someone HAS to ................nevermind. I take pride in my work and my certifications, enough said.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

Post Likes
    You're right. I could have. But didn't. And by you unnecessarily commenting on an ostensibly unnecessary comment, you've drawn out the unnecessary conversation.

When I see such blissfully obtuse and never ending commentary from our "definite article challenged" friend madeinusa I can't help but comment.

Post Likes
    In that case............have a nice day.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

Post Likes
    As we all know that isnt a perfect install but come on guys...if you think thats a hack install yall need to come to my neck of the woods and I will take you around to some real hack installs but im sure youve seen them. Being a little over critical on the boys who put that in. There are a few mistakes but nothing really major and you guys know it. I would rather have a sloppy mastic job done than the crap tape I see all over the place around here. Not the best install but way far from the worse.

Post Likes
    Hey guys you ever have one of those days where nothing goes right or its in a hot attic or a tight crawl space and you just want to get out of there. I think this was one of those installs. I think we all have those days once in a while when your not on top of your game. I admit I sometimes have them usually its the little things that set me off like spending an hour and a half fishing a gas line over a finished basement ceiling. While I am struggling all I can think about is it would only take me five minutes if I busted out my claw hammer. As I get older I realize that someone is paying money for this system and no matter how bad the job is all I have to do is collect myself and just do it right. Cause we all know what happens when you rush the job. The customer will go back over the system to see what they are paying for and will find those shortcuts and guess what then your back where you started. But now its worse cause while your redoing it you can cuss yourself out for not doing it right. So I would say as a customer check it out if their are things you dont like about it call them back. Cause your the one that has to live with it not them.

Post Likes

most have been mentioned already...

Transitions between... Filter/furnace & furnace/coil.

Switch cover, move flu to top of unit, drain trap, drain clean-out, and I don't like the copper/gal or flex gas materials.

Now, for the main issue... CODE VIOLATION!!!!

Gas flex can NOT penetrate the cabinet through an UNPROTECTED knockout!!!

Post Likes
    I know our local code will not allow a flex like that on a furnace at all, codes are different in other places and do allow it but I agree in no code are you allowed to run a flex through an unprotected knock out, if you are allowed to penetrate the furnace cabinet at all ( I seriously doubt it) As far as the install, while looking a little messy I am sure it is not the best or the worst I have ever seen (or done if the truth be told). I have done some pretty hacky installs myself when the working conditions are awful. ie: 2 foot crawlspace, small hot attics, we get into some pretty nasty dirt floor crawlspaces, fish a lot of runs with not a lot of hangers on them. So I surely can't be critical of someone elses work unless I see it being done at the time of install and under the conditions there.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    I think when the mfr. shows the coil to furnace ,installed with the "filler plate" they supply,exactly as the install picture is shown,we shouldn't be telling the homeowner this needs to be changed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in