Frown

I thought were getting the Carrier Performance 13 condenser. However, I noticed the air handler in the attic is model FK4DNB006000AAAA, the model number for the air handler in the basement is FB4BNF036000AAAA. Just checked the Carrier site and discovered those air handlers are the less expensive Comfort line. The condensers have not been delivered. The air handlers have not been connected.

Is it possible that a Comfort line airhandler could be mated with a Performance 13 condenser?

How much better is the Performance line? Condenser has a 10 year warranty...

We are doing this through our builder - have met with the HVAC contractor just once. Project manager described the unit this way (he is referring to upgrading to what was carried by the original contract for an entire house - an amount we were not shown, and were too naive/trusting to ask about):

"The upgrades I gave to you two weeks ago were the upgrades for the SEER of the units:
    12 Seer unit additional $XXXX.00, includes all work and bigger condensers
    13.5 SEER-$XXXX.00, includes all work and bigger condensers
    15 SEER will be $XXXX.00 with the variable speed air handler also includes all work and bigger condensers.
    To Upsize to a 4 ton unit $XXX.00

So to do the upgrade to the attic will require the duct and the zone, but the 4 ton unit is not mandatory, but [HVAC contractor] recommends it to push the maximum amount of air when the system calls to cool the 2nd floor and the attic at the same time."

When I saw that the condenser would be 13.5 SEER, I checked the Carrier website, saw that only the Performance 13 could be deemed 13.5 SEER. (He arrives at 15 SEER with the addition of the 3 speed air handler.) We are meeting with project manager and his boss tomorrow (Wednesday)morning.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    need complete indoor and outdoor model numbers.

Don't oversize ,by going to 4 tons,if the smaller unit is sized right.

Confused

The condenser (outdoor unit) for the attic/2nd floor is the Carrier Performance 13 38TXA - but with R22. (Says if I want Puron it will be few hundred extra. The Carrier website does not mention the option of using R-22 - I am baffled. Is that OK - to substitute R-22 for Puron?) He is mating the 38TXA with the Comfort FK4DNB006000AAAA fan coil. Is that OK? If we opted for the Puron, would that be OK to use with theFK4BDN?

Don't yet know what they intended to install for the downstairs condenser. We thought the upgrade price meant that we were upgrading both condensers to higher quality SEER 13 units. Found out today that is not the case. The upgrade price upgraded the builder's base 10 Seer unit with 13 SEER unit for the upstairs only.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    FK is a variable speed air handlers that is for R22,though it can have the TXV changed to use Puron,it would cost more to do that then to get the FV air handler ,for Puron.

They have the same ratings ,and both work with Carriers Thermidistat(great control for VS A/H).

The 38TXA042 outdoor unit,3.5 nominal tons ,is 14.0 SEER ,with either A/H.

The 38FE A/H is for Puron and works with the Infinity Control,better control then the Thermidistat.

I'd guess they may be new at installing Puron,thus the confusion with which A/H model to use.