Thread: New Member

Glad I found this site I sure hope that I can learn and understand more of this so when it comes time to replacing the whole thing which will be soon I will know what I am doing. Ok first of all my system is about 20 years old and yes it is still working good for the most part and yes it is amazing since I am in Tx. lol

First question is I am thinking Goodman Gas Furnace Stage 2/ Multi speed 95% 69000 btu 3 ton. I would like to put in a Goodman media air filter (whole house filter) what size would I need the reason is they have 3 different sizes the 16*25, 20*20, or 20*25 the demensions on the furnace is 17 1/2 W, 28 D, and 40 L?
    Also going to be taking out the old return air box sheetmetal and replacing it with an 18" round duct for better efficiency. Will my 20 by 25 return in the wall near the floor work or will it need to be bigger. My unit is in the attic sitting horizontal.

Second question thinking about getting an 18 seer Goodman 2 stage condenser and wondering if it is worth the money?

Third and last for my evaporator coil have two options should I go with the Goodman horizontal slab 12 D, or go with the Goodman horizontal cased evap 26 D, which is better right now I have the slab?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by baldtcc View Post
    Glad I found this site I sure hope that I can learn and understand more of this so when it comes time to replacing the whole thing which will be soon I will know what I am doing. Ok first of all my system is about 20 years old and yes it is still working good for the most part and yes it is amazing since I am in Tx. lol

First question is I am thinking Goodman Gas Furnace Stage 2/ Multi speed 95% 69000 btu 3 ton. I would like to put in a Goodman media air filter (whole house filter) what size would I need the reason is they have 3 different sizes the 16*25, 20*20, or 20*25 the demensions on the furnace is 17 1/2 W, 28 D, and 40 L?
    Also going to be taking out the old return air box sheetmetal and replacing it with an 18" round duct for better efficiency. Will my 20 by 25 return in the wall near the floor work or will it need to be bigger. My unit is in the attic sitting horizontal.

Second question thinking about getting an 18 seer Goodman 2 stage condenser and wondering if it is worth the money?

Third and last for my evaporator coil have two options should I go with the Goodman horizontal slab 12 D, or go with the Goodman horizontal cased evap 26 D, which is better right now I have the slab?

Thanks again
    Welcome to the site.

Questions need to be posted in the appropriate forum, such as residential hvac.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Welcome to the site.

Questions need to be posted in the appropriate forum, such as residential hvac.
    and Welcome.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

If your not a Tech, Nobody will help you

This site does not allow Techs to answere DIYers questions, and rightfully so.
    Would you read up on Dental Surgery on the internet and pull your own wisdom teeth?