Thread: pulling vac

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes
    My father had a system installed, and when they turned their vac machine it stopped working, and could not get it to work. They used recovery machine to pull vac, is this kosher?

Post Likes
    Probably not, few recovery machines have that capability.

You wouldn't happen to know the brand and model of recovery machine they used ?

Senior Tech Guest
    Your post are hard to follow...as far as I can gather you have had a 22 system and a 410a system installed? But in reference to your question...a vacuum pump and micron meter should have been used.

Post Likes
    Seniortech, this post as noted above was installed by a different company than my home. Good memory though. You are right I have a 410 sysytem, but my father has a 22. I will update my other post.

Post Likes
    will 2 , I dont know the brand. Just that it was blue with no micron gauge

Post Likes
    i have never head of useing a reclaim for evacuation
    i would never even think to try it cant see it working properly. guess anything is possible

Post Likes
    If you are stuck in the field with nothing else... a recovery machine will give you some pull but you will have to play with the system to make this method work.

The blue recovery system was probably a Promax. These, even well used, will give you at least 1000 microns on a 3 ton system with a 50’ line set. Pull down then push with nitrogen and pull down again. Watch your micron gauge for leaks. You know the drill.

There are other companies out there that don’t pull at all... so if your vacuum pump goes bad and you need to finish that job today.... use your recovery machine in a pinch. Doesn’t make you a hack just a good improviser.

BTDT

Post Likes
    luster
    thank you i did not know that and will remamber it if the need ever rises

Post Likes

Thumbs down Rememebr the days...

Especially tract work!

Installers would rough in all the equipment... Purge the system with R22 and never use a dam vacuum pump!

Start up guys would come in blind to what has been done and do as many as time would allow in a day...

AllTemp Heating & Cooling

Post Likes
    doubt that a recovery machine can pull a good enough vacuum-they are not designed for that, I'd ask them to come back and do it right!!
    Da Threadkilla

Post Likes
    If you have recovery machine capable of pulling 1000 microns of vacuum, you will have more than enough vacuum for moisture removal. Water boils at approx. 6 degrees f. at 1000 microns, so I am sure if you can pull to 1000 it would be enough to do the job. Check out the chart on robinairs site
    http://www.robinair.com/new/acsoluti...acuum.php#eff1

it gives the boiling point of water at different micron readings.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in