Thread: 2 Zone Question

I have a 2 story house on a single Lennox unit. I am experiencing the typical "hotter upstairs than down stairs" syndrome. I am considering installing a Lennox LZP-2 zone system to divide the upstairs and downstairs into 2 zones. My unit is a split system heat pump with easy walk-in access to the air handler and trunk ducting. There are two trunk lines; one for upstairs and one for downstairs already. Anyone have a ballpark idea of what this would cost?

Wink E$timating de Zone

Originally posted by jmm706
    I am considering installing a Lennox LZP-2 zone system to divide the upstairs and downstairs into 2 zones.

There are two trunk lines; one for upstairs and one for downstairs already. Anyone have a ballpark idea of what this would cost?
    http://www.lennox.com/products/overview.asp?model=LZP2

How DEEP are your Pocket$? Based on today's Memorial Day $ale, Joe $muck will do it fer <$4.3210K

However, all contracts for this sale must be received by 5/29/05 11:59AM & ALL Sales are Final.

Have a Plea$ant MEm OR Ial Day!
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

The site rules forbid us to give any pricing info.

Since prices vary from area to area.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

what ever the price it would make a big difference in comfort. with ducts already split it should be a piece of cake to install dampers and wire up controls.

Thanks

Thanks, I'll get them to give me an estimate.

I have the exact smae situation and have a honeywell EMM-3U controller ready to go in. I have a 12" for the upstairs and 2 10" for the downstairs.

The upstairs is easy- one thermo- one damper. But how should I hook up the downstairs?

1. Both dampers run off of one zone connection (possible overload?)
    2. OR wire the downstairs thermostat to the controller so that it looks like 2 thermostats running exactly the same mode all the time. then it would control 2 dampers on their own connections.

Thanks in advance-

Any damper recommendations are VERY welcome, also.

have control for 2 damper zone pull in a relay, energize dampers thru relay contacts