Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Al, nowhere in the rules does it say the license holder must verify performance.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

As far as not having to pay for illegal work be careful there. Consumers don't have to pay for the labor but they can be made to pay for materials in a court of law.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Steve you are correct regarding the payment of materials but not labor.

As to the just installing a t'stat I was told by a TDLR employee (position not known) that the service must be of some significance not just per functionary.

I am at work right now...
    When I get home this evening I will load up some of the pictures for you guys too look at.

With a new unit ( outside and inside ) what should the temperature difference be between the return and the vents. Right now I am only getting 14 to 15 degrees differential.

check the DT at the coil for a more precise reading.

As acmanco said, the reading needs to be taken at the indoor unit, and even then it depends on the indoor wet bulb what your delta will be.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

When they were checking the delta temperature, he just stuck a thermometer in the return and in one of the vents. He couldn't even tell me what the humidity was in the house. I had to go by a meter to determine the humidity level in the house.

humidity level? or relative humidity level?

Don't know???
    The meter just showed humidty ( 50% ), I couln't tell you which of the two it was showing.

Now how did that happen
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Originally posted by quantum1
    Rather than name actual names, I will say that "Bill" is the owner of the company, and "Bob" did the installation.

On more than one occassion Bob left for several hours, he left his wife, sister-in-law, and step son at my house to work on the system.

Billy Bobs A/C and Heating Service call us we will
    "get er done"
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Just a couple pictures that I have taken

[Edited by quantum1 on 05-30-2005 at 10:53 AM]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast