Confused

Hello all-

I have 2 vision pro 8320's running in my home. One of them works as I think it should by turning the VS fan completely off between cycles when the fan setting is "AUTO".

The other one is acting strange in that when I change the fan to "AUTO" the "ON" indicator stays on and the VS fan never shuts off. It is not a delay thing, because it does this idefinitely. It also continues to run even when the system is switched to "off".

The only way I can get the fan to stop is to change to "CIRC". Then the "ON" goes away and the fan will only run during calls or when circulating periodically.

The only way to completely stop the fan is to pull the unit off the wall.

Is there an "admin" setting that might be causing this?

Thanks in advance-

Check your program. You can program the stat to be constant on in some time periods. Not sure what the indicator will say or whether you can override it though. Could be a bad stat.

I agree with Bald, Go into your Program mode, and when you set your temp/time, you should see if the fan is set to "On", "Auto"or "Circ".. if it's in "On' in the program mode, the fan will run "on" at a time frame that it's set on. So just change it over to "Auto" if you only want to have the fan to come on call of heat or cool.

Why don't you want the fan runing all the time?

OK- I will check the programming again to see if I missed something.

We live in Dallas, and this time of year the outside temps are low but the humidity gets high. We don't get many calls for AC, but the humidity will rise to uncomfortable levels.

In high humidity areas, it is common practice to not have the fan running all the time. The only exception would be if there were many cooling calls that keep the humidity down.