This ice machine had no trouble with making or release ice on time. There is no trouble code at all.

The only small aggravated thing it did was once in a while there will be one or two cube of ices got stucked between the water trout and curtain long enough to hold machine off causing low production .

I had tried everything from cleanning, leveling, installed bin-stat.....

anyone here knowing a solution for this?
    koolrite837

My first thought is to make the bridge thicker. The cubes should come off in one single slab instead of individually. That should solve your problem.

To me, ice falling as individual cubes means sheet hanging on grid too long producing thin sheet, or sheet not thick enough to begin with.

make bridge thicker, make sure unit not tilted back.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dorrmann
    [B]My first thought is to make the bridge thicker. The cubes should come off in one single slab instead of individually. That should solve your problem.

I did tried to thicken the ice between 1/8 to almost 1/4 inch and still had same problem, It 's kind of intermittenly happened when you got call out there at a their busy time.

koolrite837

Thicker bridge, as someone here said, you want the ice to fall as a whole sheet

Have you checked their site to see if there is a service buletin on this problem?

If your dump valve isn't opening or if drain line from the dump valve is restricted or too small the water pump will continue pumping water over the ice sheet, melting down the top row(s) of cubes.

Just a thought.

If all else fails, go with the Manitowoc analysis charts.

Is the problem just with one evaporator or both? You could have one TXV that's starving one evap. This could cause what's happening.

Or......go to the charts.

Thank you for all the advises.

I did not think about the dumpvalve, cause it's only happen on right side coil, I will pay attention on next try.

Two week ago, I did call manitowoc tech support and they recommended to install a bin stat to help keep the clearance between ice level and bottom of evap-coil so the sheet not lean on the coil.

The problem I had is the ice bin is not have enought dept to hang a 10 inch bin stat arm( the head and the bin is not a very good match some one sold it to them but refused to come back to correct the problem.

My boss stil tried to sell them a bigger bin that match the head.

koolrite837