I just got the unit install 2 weeks ago. I came home one night and notice the place being warmer than usual. I realize that it's blowing just air through the vents. I've check the outside unit and realize that the Trane xl 14i fan keeps stalling It will try to start, but then it will shut down again. Just to be safe I've switch off the unit. What could the cause of this new unit to not work. Anyone can help out there?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Could be just a bad fan motor or capacitor,have your guy check it out.

It doesn't sound like anything they did wrong ,nor does it indicate future problems.Things like this are what the warranty is for.

agreed, it could be numbe of things, easy enough to check when on the spot. You did the right thing to shut it off. Hopefully you have called the installer.

I came home one night and notice the place being warmer than usual. I realize that it's blowing just air through the vents.

What else is your unit supposed to blow through the vents?

Senior Tech Guest
    2 weeks...call the installation company that installed it and put the warranty to good use, kinda funny that you would search here for answers if the unit was recently installed.

Originally posted by senior tech
    2 weeks...call the installation company that installed it and put the warranty to good use, kinda funny that you would search here for answers if the unit was recently installed.
    Not funny at all. If there had been a simple thing to check, (which we all know that for a homeowner, there is not) he could have possible reset a breaker or such and been on his way.

Now he has to stay home and wait for the tech... Something we all want to avoid if possible.

2 week old system, have the installing company come out and check it.

You want to have it fixed right before it gets really hot out.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

????? Unit installed two weeks ago, not working properly, why call the company that installed it, go to the internet, makes sense too me.

What seems odd about that?

Hmmmmmm.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Originally posted by dave_slo
    [B]
    Originally posted by senior tech
    Not funny at all. If there had been a simple thing to check, (which we all know that for a homeowner, there is not) he could have possible reset a breaker or such and been on his way./B]
    Breakers dont "trip" without a reason. He would still need service.

It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.

~Albert Camus

If you got the 14i, I am assuming you got a variable speed airhandler with an indoor TXV.
    I believe that unit should have a hard start kit on it.
    The symptom seems like an open capacitor!

The outdoor fan motor is probably an ECM (depends on tonnage). In other words, there is no run capacitor since it is a 3 phase motor. He said the fan motor was stalling. If that is indeed what is happening, it may have lost its program and will need to be replaced. Sometimes people will get confused on which parts are running and which parts are not.

If it is an ECM outdoor fan motor "stalling", I've seen more than once where you can disconnect the line voltage (turn off the breaker) and reapply voltage and it will work fine - for a time. It would need to be replaced to avoid the problem repeating.