Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 110
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Ha!, whats funny about this is that you seem to think that what spews out of your pie hole is rational.

    Nobody said thats the only reason Robo, but its a big one.

    Also, as you may or may not know Robo, I like to joke as well and enjoy good humor. You say that you started this thread as a ribbing joke.... I think you started it to be insulting and are trying to play it down because you see yourself as a sod for having done so.

    Others on here may think you're bright, I do not.....well, maybe with Janijunks and Goomans, which IMO is nothing to be proud of. I also think you are a narcissistic sociopath and need to be medicated....and not with alcohol...as the topic of this thread proves.

    Now, if you would like to discuss this topic in a rational manner without being a cheeky bastard, I would be glad to. All you have to do is start a new thread, take your meds, and lay off the booze.

    Every ones life is difficult Robo, not just yours....you will get no sympathy from me.
    So, you can't show any support for your claims about the U.S. support of Israel being "a" reason for Muslim's hating Americans either, huh? Seems kinda funny that I am the only one who has been able to post names of people who think like you do.

    Cheeky bastard? Well, since the thread was intended to be tongue in cheek, I suppose that part is accurate, but my mom and father were married when I was born, so calling me a bastard is not accurate. I never put much credence in someone being a bastard anyway. After all, the bastard had nothing to do with the circumstances.

    I don't see where you think I am looking for sympathy. I have always considered that no matter how bad things are for me, I still have it better then many others. You seem to be having some sort of conversations in your head that the rest of us are not participating in.

    So, for the record, do you or do you not agree with the things that Farrakhan has stated in relationship to this thread? Have I misjudged you?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    The Arabs or Muslim States attack the US for one simple reason. After WW2 the European powers lost them as Colonies and we were seen as the eminent World Power. If the arabs respect one thing , it is power. If an attack is made on the US, it will garner World wide attention to their complaints quicker than an attack on any other Country.
    Good to see you are lucid today mancow. Excellent observations. I suppose we all know that there are numerous possible reactions to any action, but I would say that this is pretty darned accurate as for why the Islam has been focusing so much on the U.S. in recent decades.

    An earlier time of increased Islamic aggression against the U.S. and Americans was in the beginning of the developing stages of the U.S. when Muslim pirates took notice that the U.S. was increasing in shipping. President Thomas Jefferson took a stand against Islam and was able to make the U.S. even more powerful on the seas. Since Islam is not an organization that easily forgets it's defeats, I would say that Jefferson's wins over Islam also planted seeds of hatred toward Americans and the U.S. into the Islamic world.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,550
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    The Arabs or Muslim States attack the US for one simple reason. After WW2 the European powers lost them as Colonies and we were seen as the eminent World Power. If the arabs respect one thing , it is power. If an attack is made on the US, it will garner World wide attention to their complaints quicker than an attack on any other Country.
    Nice brown nosing there ace. Funny the Muslims didn't start there terrorist attacks after WWII. They started them after three events took place.

    1.Carter installed the Ayatollah in Iran. 2. Israel supported by the US wiped out Lebanon and pushed hard on the Palestinians in the Holy Land. 3. Then we stuck our nose in Iraq which should never have done. We don't owe Kuwait or Saudi Arabia anything and the radicals got all bent out of shape over all that and we lost our trade center because of it.

    These events had nothing directly to do with the end of WWII. Thank you, thank you very much.
    Last edited by glennac; 03-05-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Nice brown nosing there ace. Funny the Muslims didn't start there terrorist attacks after WWII. They started them after three events took place.

    1.Carter installed the Ayatollah in Iran. 2. Israel supported by the US wiped out Lebanon and pushed hard on the Palestinians in the Holy Land. 3. Then we stuck our nose in Iraq which should never have done. We don't owe Kuwait or Saudi Arabia anything and the radicals got all bent out of shape over all that and we lost our trade center because of it.

    These events had nothing directly to do with the end of WWII. Thank you, thank you very much.
    Your the one who likes to dig up ancient history and run with it Glenn. Are you not aware of Muslim attacks on Americans throughout history? Maybe you should join the other liberals on this blog to answer the question;
    Libs, why were muslim terrorists attacking American ships in 1805?

    The modern state of Israel didn't exist so you can't blame it on them. The CIA didn't exist, so you can't blame it on them. America wasn't a superpower, it was a new country recovering from the American Revolution, so you can't blame it on American "imperialism".

    If it's just about how America supports Israel then why did muslims hate America back then when the US was just a new country with limited world power?

    Don't want to accept the fact that muslims want to destroy us just becuase we aren't muslim regardless of what America does or doesn't do?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    That attention seems to more by way of cheers and jubilation for our suffering as I recall.
    They are not getting their Right to Assemble and Vote from anyone but us.

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Connectitaxed
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    They are not getting their Right to Assemble and Vote from anyone but us.
    Sorry to be so vague on my comment . I was referring to the other countries and people in those countries that responded to the attack on 9/11 as well as other attacks on the US. Agreed that we have our flaws of this nature as well.Some of the people of our country also hate other countries and wish them ill as a whole and not for the few that cause us this grief.

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,501
    Seems 2 or 3 of you are having some hormonal problems.

    Need to settle down some and stop the bickering. I've already closed one thread because of it.

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,701
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Your the one who likes to dig up ancient history and run with it Glenn. Are you not aware of Muslim attacks on Americans throughout history? Maybe you should join the other liberals on this blog to answer the question;

    The barbary pirates were just that, pirates.
    They were not attacking US shipping because they hate non muslims they were attacking shipping in order to extort money.

    anyhow.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    The barbary pirates were just that, pirates.
    They were not attacking US shipping because they hate non muslims they were attacking shipping in order to extort money.

    anyhow.....
    They were still Ottoman Muslims and they were still attacking U.S. ships and killing Americans. It is people like you, calling Muslims by other names to disguise the Islamic connection to so many acts of terrorism, who allow the continued growth of Islamic rule to continue.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,701
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    They were still Ottoman Muslims and they were still attacking U.S. ships and killing Americans. It is people like you, calling Muslims by other names to disguise the Islamic connection to so many acts of terrorism, who allow the continued growth of Islamic rule to continue.
    Are you sure that you are not southern rube who got transplanted to the north ???

    Lol

    Muslims are not doing anything that we havent done...they are trying to gain as much power as possible and then they can impose their will on the people.

    Of course...these folks are still stuck in the 600s.....

    Robo... I dont agree with shariah law, I dont agree with muslims imposing their will over the people in countries they immigrate to..... I dont particularly care for them. I think they are a backwards people....and I also wouldnt have a problem sending most of the straight to hell via a woodchipper....or better yet a big bonfire.

    I believe that if you come to america or england or france or germany that you should be free to maintain certain cultural aspects of your past but I dont believe you should be able to force them upon others against their will and I think that the laws of the land these rats immigrate to should take precedence over any of their backwards outdated ways.

    anyhow....just pointing out that the barbary muslims were pirates and not killing americans because they were simply american or "infidels"

    Those guys were common criminals.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,933
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Are you sure that you are not southern rube who got transplanted to the north ???

    Lol
    On a technicallity, you could say that. I was born and raised in Maryland, which is south of the Mason-Dixon Line, and moved to Pennsyltucky 60 miles away. So, this accusation is actually accurate. Feel better now?

    Muslims are not doing anything that we havent done...they are trying to gain as much power as possible and then they can impose their will on the people.

    Of course...these folks are still stuck in the 600s.....
    Where is the U.S. colonializing? What will is it Americans try to impose on others? Freedom? Ok, I'll give you that one. Islam is designed to and it's soul purpose is to rid the world of infidels and either convert everyone to Islam or kill them. I don't remember being taught in school to do such things, but Muslim children are.

    Robo... I dont agree with shariah law, I dont agree with muslims imposing their will over the people in countries they immigrate to..... I dont particularly care for them. I think they are a backwards people....and I also wouldnt have a problem sending most of the straight to hell via a woodchipper....or better yet a big bonfire.
    We differ here as well. I believe that most Muslims are sheep being led by wolves. I believe that Muslims can be taught the Truth of God and be shown that Allah is the enemy of God.

    I believe that if you come to america or england or france or germany that you should be free to maintain certain cultural aspects of your past but I dont believe you should be able to force them upon others against their will and I think that the laws of the land these rats immigrate to should take precedence over any of their backwards outdated ways.

    anyhow....just pointing out that the barbary muslims were pirates and not killing americans because they were simply american or "infidels"

    Those guys were common criminals.
    I agree with literally everything you have stated here, including the fact that the Corsair's were pirates looting ships for slaves and wealth. Those pirates were also Muslims who were simply doing on the sea what Mohammed had taught to do on land to passing caravans. So the Muslim connection is an absolute.

    However, as you state, those Corsair pirates did not attack American ships because they were American. I never claimed that. What I stated was that it could very well be that Muslim's became more hateful toward Americans at that time because American's refused to pay tribute and fought back against the Ottoman Empire. That was the beginning of the buildup of the U.S. military that created the greatest military force in the world today. Do the words "...to the shores of Tripoli...." ring a bell?

    The argument is that U.S. support for Israel due to lobbying from American Jews is a major reason why Muslims hate us and have "suddenly started" attacking us. My point of the Barbary Coast pirates is that our defiance of them didn't make us very popular with Muslims and Israel didn't yet exist and Jews were treated like Blacks in most of the U.S. at the time.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,550
    Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Seems 2 or 3 of you are having some hormonal problems.

    Need to settle down some and stop the bickering. I've already closed one thread because of it.
    Well no problem here if you close this attack thread down. It was started as a provocative thread and escalated. My first post was a friendly attempt to defend cool with no attacks, attempting to clam it down at the start and I got hammered for it. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,550
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    The barbary pirates were just that, pirates.
    They were not attacking US shipping because they hate non muslims they were attacking shipping in order to extort money.

    anyhow.....
    Corny all the pirates for the most part since the 17th century have been Muslims. That is outside of a brief period of pirates operating out of lawless Cambodia after the loss of freedom in Vietnam the pirates rather out of the Southern Muslim Philippines or from Sudan.

    They are Muslims and murders which Islam does not condemn as long as those murdered, kidnapped, rape and robbed are infidels. To try make them excuse their actions as having noting to do with Islam is ridiculous. They are heroes in their country.

    The Barbary pirates attacked the Americans because they were not Muslims. They were not attacking fellow Muslims on their boats. Only Europeans and American ships. While I disagree with robo on some issues he is correct on the pirates. You should go to Pakistan and wear an American flag pin on your clothes and see how long you last. They are our enemy and its about time you realized that. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event