Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 110
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by REECHMAN View Post
    That little hunk of sand isn't the promised land anyway. America is!
    I don't buy into the promised land having anything really to do with Earthly real estate at all. But if it does, it has nothing to do with any of the America's.

    As physical beings, we are nothing more or less then any other animal. Just skin and bones and blood. From dust we came and to dust we will return. If any theological rendition of Creation is even near being accurate, then we are all brothers and sisters and every act of ill will we commit toward one another is a sin against God. Remember Jesus's added command; "Love one another as I love you."

    For Christians, Jesus gave us the words to say when praying to God the Father. In the Lord's prayer we ask God to "Forgive us our trespasses..." with the condition...."as we forgive those who trespass against us." There is no "God is on your side or God is no my side", God just IS. We cannot be forgiven if we cannot forgive.

    So, if we expect to be forgiven for our condemnation of anyone else, we must forgive those who we condemn for the very thing we are condemning them of. We all deserve a place on Earth to live in relative peace with one another. That is the promised land on Earth. That, we have to earn by being able to forgive one another our trespasses.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I don't buy into the promised land having anything really to do with Earthly real estate at all. But if it does, it has nothing to do with any of the America's.

    As physical beings, we are nothing more or less then any other animal. Just skin and bones and blood. From dust we came and to dust we will return. If any theological rendition of Creation is even near being accurate, then we are all brothers and sisters and every act of ill will we commit toward one another is a sin against God. Remember Jesus's added command; "Love one another as I love you."

    For Christians, Jesus gave us the words to say when praying to God the Father. In the Lord's prayer we ask God to "Forgive us our trespasses..." with the condition...."as we forgive those who trespass against us." There is no "God is on your side or God is no my side", God just IS. We cannot be forgiven if we cannot forgive.

    So, if we expect to be forgiven for our condemnation of anyone else, we must forgive those who we condemn for the very thing we are condemning them of. We all deserve a place on Earth to live in relative peace with one another. That is the promised land on Earth. That, we have to earn by being able to forgive one another our trespasses.
    So, no borders, no sovereignty, just Earthlings? I'm not trying to be a smartass, just wondering. Kinda new here.

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by REECHMAN View Post
    So, no borders, no sovereignty, just Earthlings? I'm not trying to be a smartass, just wondering. Kinda new here.
    Not new at all. Territorial claims come from man's inability to love one another as Jesus Christ loves us all, or any other theology that teaches unity. Even Islam, which is certainly not loving theology but more a militaristic political faction using theological overtones, has no desire for state borders.

    From a Biblical sense, whether actually historical or a parable, we are divided because when we were unified, we were able to reach for the heavens in a physical manner. The stories of the tower of Babel certainly seem to be somewhat moot since we now travel way beyond any tower into outer space. The message, therefore, seems to be more that driven by evil, man came together to challenge God. Is this not what Islam strives to do?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,601
    Quote Originally Posted by REECHMAN View Post
    So, no borders, no sovereignty, just Earthlings? I'm not trying to be a smartass, just wondering. Kinda new here.
    Robo goes off the deep end from time to time. You need to be a good chess player to figure robo out. He moves around like a chameleon and slips up behind you. His latest post is not his usual line. Must be doing some. I guess this will get a rise out of him. It's not like he hasn't already rolled some grenades toward me and cool lately anyhow. Have fun and stick around. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Robo goes off the deep end from time to time. You need to be a good chess player to figure robo out. He moves around like a chameleon and slips up behind you. His latest post is not his usual line. Must be doing some. I guess this will get a rise out of him. It's not like he hasn't already rolled some grenades toward me and cool lately anyhow. Have fun and stick around. Thank you, thank you very much.
    I am a responder. I admit that when someone tosses a marshmallow at my head I may respond by tossing the proverbial grenade in their direction in response, but I am still responding. Even my initiating a confrontation as I have done with this thread, it is in response to something from the past.

    I don't understand what you have posted that is supposed to get a rise out of me, so I am not rising. Sorry.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Since Glenn and coolio want to get all serious about this thread, can you guys provide some rational thinking people who think that the only reason the U.S. has problems with Muslims attacking us is because of our support of Israel?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  7. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,601
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Since Glenn and coolio want to get all serious about this thread, can you guys provide some rational thinking people who think that the only reason the U.S. has problems with Muslims attacking us is because of our support of Israel?
    Well let's open the debate a little. Why do we support Israel without reservation and without regard to our own national interest? Perhaps you can explain that?

    We will always be the enemies of Muslims but at times they are dormant and now thanks to our "alli" in the ME there is a raging war going on around the world with Muslims suicide terrorists trying to kill as many infidels children included as they can.

    Surely you can't say Israel hasn't contributed in a large part to this most recent outbreak of war on the civilized world war by Islam. They certainly shout the US down because of our support for Israel. You would have to be blind and death not to see and hear that. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  8. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well let's open the debate a little. Why do we support Israel without reservation and without regard to our own national interest? Perhaps you can explain that?

    We will always be the enemies of Muslims but at times they are dormant and now thanks to our "alli" in the ME there is a raging war going on around the world with Muslims suicide terrorists trying to kill as many infidels children included as they can.

    Surely you can't say Israel hasn't contributed in a large part to this most recent outbreak of war on the civilized world war by Islam. They certainly shout the US down because of our support for Israel. You would have to be blind and death not to see and hear that. Thank you, thank you very much.
    No Glenn, I want you to answer my question.

    You are the one who came on here spewing out all kinds of crap about my showing what kind of people blame our relationship with Israel for Muslims attacking us.

    If you can't communicate something that has to do with the thread, then don't post. If you want to discuss something else, start your own thread.

    I started this thread as a ribbing joke and you have really been a royal buzz killer on it. So, either answer my question or stop trying to change the subject all of the time.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,601
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    No Glenn, I want you to answer my question.

    You are the one who came on here spewing out all kinds of crap about my showing what kind of people blame our relationship with Israel for Muslims attacking us.

    If you can't communicate something that has to do with the thread, then don't post. If you want to discuss something else, start your own thread.

    I started this thread as a ribbing joke and you have really been a royal buzz killer on it. So, either answer my question or stop trying to change the subject all of the time.
    Fine well to begin with I reject your premise that I have ever said or believe that "the only reason the U.S. has problems with Muslims attacking us is because of our support of Israel.

    I have said that Israel along with Carter accelerated it. Israel by occupying Palestinian land expelling hundreds of thousands of both Christian and Muslim Arabs alike. Carter of course by kicking the Shaw out of Iran and installing the Ayatollah Khomeini to turn a staunch ally into our worst enemy.

    Those events are what jump started all the recent suicide bombings and attacks on non believers of Islam. Prior to that they always had there ingrown hatred of us but kinda of kept it down too there feelings and did not act on it until there Imams started preaching revenge and so on with the resurgence of militant Islam in Iran and the fueling of anger all over the ME with the expulsion of Arabs from the Holy Land. We haven't witnessed anything like this since the 13th century.

    Back on your previous post you said "I admit that when someone tosses a marshmallow at my head I may respond by tossing the proverbial grenade in their direction in response" Now I ask you is that a Christian thing to do or is it more like in the Jewish tradition. I'm not saying that you have to turn the other cheek all the time and you are allowed to defend yourself but you go nuke when someone pricks your skin. That is overly sensitive and if I may say so not a very Christian thing to do. Now I have answered your "question" how about answering mine. "Why do we support Israel without reservation and without regard to our own national interest" Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 03-05-2011 at 07:47 AM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,941
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Since Glenn and coolio want to get all serious about this thread, can you guys provide some rational thinking people who think that the only reason the U.S. has problems with Muslims attacking us is because of our support of Israel?
    Ha!, whats funny about this is that you seem to think that what spews out of your pie hole is rational.

    Nobody said thats the only reason Robo, but its a big one.

    Also, as you may or may not know Robo, I like to joke as well and enjoy good humor. You say that you started this thread as a ribbing joke.... I think you started it to be insulting and are trying to play it down because you see yourself as a sod for having done so.

    Others on here may think you're bright, I do not.....well, maybe with Janijunks and Goomans, which IMO is nothing to be proud of. I also think you are a narcissistic sociopath and need to be medicated....and not with alcohol...as the topic of this thread proves.

    Now, if you would like to discuss this topic in a rational manner without being a cheeky bastard, I would be glad to. All you have to do is start a new thread, take your meds, and lay off the booze.

    Every ones life is difficult Robo, not just yours....you will get no sympathy from me.
    Last edited by coolwhip; 03-05-2011 at 08:50 AM.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  11. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    The Arabs or Muslim States attack the US for one simple reason. After WW2 the European powers lost them as Colonies and we were seen as the eminent World Power. If the arabs respect one thing , it is power. If an attack is made on the US, it will garner World wide attention to their complaints quicker than an attack on any other Country.

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Connectitaxed
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    The Arabs or Muslim States attack the US for one simple reason. After WW2 the European powers lost them as Colonies and we were seen as the eminent World Power. If the arabs respect one thing , it is power. If an attack is made on the US, it will garner World wide attention to their complaints quicker than an attack on any other Country.
    That attention seems to more by way of cheers and jubilation for our suffering as I recall.

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Fine well to begin with I reject your premise that I have ever said or believe that "the only reason the U.S. has problems with Muslims attacking us is because of our support of Israel.

    I have said that Israel along with Carter accelerated it. Israel by occupying Palestinian land expelling hundreds of thousands of both Christian and Muslim Arabs alike. Carter of course by kicking the Shaw out of Iran and installing the Ayatollah Khomeini to turn a staunch ally into our worst enemy.

    Those events are what jump started all the recent suicide bombings and attacks on non believers of Islam. Prior to that they always had there ingrown hatred of us but kinda of kept it down too there feelings and did not act on it until there Imams started preaching revenge and so on with the resurgence of militant Islam in Iran and the fueling of anger all over the ME with the expulsion of Arabs from the Holy Land. We haven't witnessed anything like this since the 13th century.

    Back on your previous post you said "I admit that when someone tosses a marshmallow at my head I may respond by tossing the proverbial grenade in their direction in response" Now I ask you is that a Christian thing to do or is it more like in the Jewish tradition. I'm not saying that you have to turn the other cheek all the time and you are allowed to defend yourself but you go nuke when someone pricks your skin. That is overly sensitive and if I may say so not a very Christian thing to do. Now I have answered your "question" how about answering mine. "Why do we support Israel without reservation and without regard to our own national interest" Thank you, thank you very much
    OK, so you are refusing to comment on the actual context of the thread. I will take that as an admittance that you have absolutely nothing to support your attitude that the U.S. support of Israel is in any way responsible for Islamic attacks on the U.S. and Muslim hatred of Americans. It is good that you backed off on this because I was about to mention that this is what Muslim's claim and that you are once again supporting Islam.

    As for your once again attacking my Christianity, I must say that while Jesus Christ was prone to bucking up against those who offended him by turning over tables or by calling them hypocrites, I don't think that marshmallows were ever involved.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event