Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Yeah, but when you personally design a product, how can you help from installing it at your own place?

Plus, who wants to open a 10° house after a flight and a drive? All I have to do is inform the cabin of my planned vacation days/weeks and it takes care of everything for me...
    You personally designed programmable digital thermostats? <wink>

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
    You personally designed programmable digital thermostats? <wink>
    Yes, actually. Among other things.

All BACnet and BTL certified of course.

Although I will admit that the web server was designed by a team of coworkers and not by me.

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Yes, actually. Among other things.

All BACnet and BTL certified of course.

Although I will admit that the web server was designed by a team of coworkers and not by me.
    You are no fun, no fun whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
    You are no fun, no fun whatsoever.
    OK then, let's get back to ragging on coolwhip and glenn, cause they are fun
    Here they are when they are able to get together;
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Poor Robo (Mr. Dorfman)...such a miserable life you live. Poor health, over weight, ugly, bad heart, bad blood, poor genetics and a christian bigot to boot.

Better get it all out now, because I dont think you have much time left.

Carry on silly fool!

Be careful, it might be me picking you up off the convention room floor and calling EMS this year....or I might just leave you there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1hnwvWhbJw
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Poor Robo (Mr. Dorfman)...such a miserable life you live. Poor health, over weight, ugly, bad heart, bad blood, poor genetics and a christian bigot to boot.

Carry on silly fool!

Be careful, it might be me picking you up off the convention room floor and calling EMS this year....or I might just leave you there.

Funny cool that you call robo a "Christian". That is a debatable. He never by his own admission observes or celebrates Christian Holidays but does observe and celebrates Jewish Holidays.

There appears to be no problem with what date they are observed as he objects to every date a Christian holiday is observed. Participates in their rituals and wears the yarmulke on various occasions. I wonder if he ever wears the cross. Kinda doubt it at least not around his house. He seems to known Jewish customs and teachings better than most Jews.

Kinda picked up on this after reading his posts over the years here. His temperament would also indicated that he is more closely aligned with the Jewish culture than Christianity. .Oh well I'm sure that he will never publicly admit to that though. Just trying to raise the debate level above the childish ambush, slash and burn tactics of robo here and throw out some tainted red meat for him to digest. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny cool that you call robo a "Christian". That is a debatable. He never by his own admission observes or celebrates Christian Holidays but does observe and celebrates Jewish Holidays.

There appears to be no problem with what date they are observed as he objects to every date a Christian holiday is observed. Participates in their rituals and wears the yarmulke on various occasions. I wonder if he ever wears the cross. Kinda doubt it at least not around his house. He seems to known Jewish customs and teachings better than most Jews.

Kinda picked up on this after reading his posts over the years here. His temperament would also indicated that he is more closely aligned with the Jewish culture than Christianity. .Oh well I'm sure that he will never publicly admit to that though. Just trying to raise the debate level above the childish ambush, slash and burn tactics of robo here and throw out some tainted red meat for him to digest. Thank you, thank you very much.
    Hmmm, define "Christian" holidays versus Roman Catholic Church, ie; paganized Christianity, holidays. I prefer to do as Jesus did, not as Roman pagans did. If that causes you to think I am not a Christian, then that is your right to think wrongly. What makes me a Christian is that I accept that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour....period. The rest is just rituals.

As for the cross symbol, again, I am not an iconic kind of a guy so I do not wear or own anything with a cross on it. I have nothing against those who do. I am not so certain that the cross is very historically accurate as a symbol of Christ's mortal death, but it is not offensive as variations of it have been used as theological iconry for centuries before Jesus Christ walked the Earth as a mortal.

You may want to be more careful with throwing stones at me for not accepting what could be the worship of graven images and doing as the pagans do. Traditions do not equate to proper worship, and most things attributed to Jesus Christ by today's Christian organizations are traditions that have no direct connection to our Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Whenever I attend any religious ceremony, I try to be as respectful to whatever the dogma and doctrine of that theological organization is. Since Christianity came from Judaism and could in fact not exist without Judaism, I simply consider the traditions of Judaism to be as important to Christianity as are the traditions of Christian denominations. I do draw the line at the snake thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Whenever I attend any religious ceremony, I try to be as respectful to whatever the dogma and doctrine of that theological organization is. Since Christianity came from Judaism and could in fact not exist without Judaism, I simply consider the traditions of Judaism to be as important to Christianity as are the traditions of Christian denominations. I do draw the line at the snake thing though.
    Have you attended any "Christian" religious ceremonies in the last ten years or so or just Jewish ceremonies? I kinda doubt it. Anyhow snake handling is in the Bible not that i participate.

Dated a girl who attended a Pentecostal Church (so did my wife years ago) and her church was into speaking unknown tongues and had some members who handled snakes in the past. Heck the preacher had a spring board behind the podium and when things got carried away he would be jumping up in the air. Those services where quite exciting if I may say so. From schriture:
    And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (Mark 16:17-18)
    Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:19)
    So don't knock snake handlers there robo it is in the Bible. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

Carry on silly fool!

Well, I don't see what you have against Stephen (Dorfman) Furst, who I am not quite two years older then;

From working with and not getting beat up by Chuck Norris to being a regular on Babylon 5, looks like ole Dorfman did pretty good.

My overall healt is far from being poor, I am overweight and pretty stupid to not be doing more about my weight. I am far from miserable, thanks to anti-psychotic drugs and my blood is actually better then normal. Genetically I don't seem to have any major issues and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Since I have never had any problems socially due to my appearance, I am going to have to assume that you are not a very good beholder. Christian bigot? I don't get that one.

So, any other judgemental comments from the peanut gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    It's always good to know that others support your views on things. Now, I don't agree with coolio's opinions on Jews, but he does have some pretty powerful support for his opinions; http://windowintopalestine.********....ushing-us.html

Yepper, "Satanic Jews" are pushing the U.S. into war!

I do agree that we should not be getting involved in Libya right now. We should be reinforcing our forces in Iraq and preparing for the inevitable Islamic seige on Israel, which will most likely be the official start of WWIII, which is really just an extension of the Islamic War on the World begun over 1400 years ago.
    Ever read Hal Lindsey's Blood Moon?

Have you attended any "Christian" religious ceremonies in the last ten years or so or just Jewish ceremonies? I kinda doubt it. Anyhow snake handling is in the Bible not that i participate.
    Not that I have a need to respond to such a rude commentary by you, but yes I have attended many Christian religious ceremonies over the past ten years, not least of all the funerals of my dad and two sisters.

I don't care for synogague services for my own personal reasons of feeling they are more geared toward Jewish tradition then to the Judaic faith prior to coming of our Lord, Jesus Christ. To me, it seems that Jews today are more into the denial of the prophesied Messiah then they are into His coming at all. Once again for those who choose to be rudely ignorant; I do as the Romans when in Rome out of respect for others.

Dated a girl who attended a Pentecostal Church (so did my wife years ago) and her church was into speaking unknown tongues and had some members who handled snakes in the past. Heck the preacher had a spring board behind the podium and when things got carried away he would be jumping up in the air. Those services where quite exciting if I may say so. From schriture:
    And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (Mark 16:17-18)
    Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:19)
    So don't knock snake handlers there robo it is in the Bible. Thank you, thank you very much
    Didn't ask, don't care; I've handled snakes while a docent at the Baltimore Zoo, so it's not because I have anything against snakes. Just don't think we understand certain specifics of scripture to go making religions based on one liners from the Bible.

I never gave the snake handling thing much thought, but when confronted with such contraversial verses, we should thoroughly study those verses and not go head strong into some wild assed idea that some goofball determined the verses mean. Here Glenn, do some reading of the very brief research I just did on the subject so you will be more informed of the subject matter next time;
    First, it is very important to remember that there are some questions regarding whether Mark chapter 16, verses 9-20 belong in the Bible. There is some evidence that these verses were not originally part of the Gospel of Mark. Some of the oldest and most reliable Greek manuscripts of the Gospel of Mark do not contain verses 9-20. Some other manuscripts contain Mark 16:9-20, but set them apart from the rest of the Gospel of Mark. As a result, it is not wise to use anything from Mark 16:9-20 as the sole basis for a doctrine or practice. Snake handling is one such example of a dubious concept from Mark 16:9-20. For more information, please read Should Mark 16:9-20 be in the Bible?.

If we assume, despite the evidence to the contrary, that Mark 16:17-18 does belong in Scripture, does it teach that we should be handling snakes in church? The answer to that question is a definitive no. Mark 16:17-18 does not contain any imperatives. It does not say, “Go out and handle snakes.” It says “they will pick up snakes with their hands.” It is describing something that will occur, not commanding that something should occur. An example of this is the Apostle Paul in Acts 28:3-5, “Paul gathered a pile of brushwood and, as he put it on the fire, a viper, driven out by the heat, fastened itself on his hand … But Paul shook the snake off into the fire and suffered no ill effects.” Notice that Paul did not seek out to handle a snake. The snake bit Paul, but God protected Paul from the effects of the snake bite. Mark 16:17-18 is saying that if you are faithfully serving God in the spread of the Gospel, He can protect you from anything that may cross your path.

If the snake handling churches were consistent, they would also follow the second part of Mark 16:18, “…and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all.” Scripture is consistent that God can and will protect us, according to His will, as we are serving Him. Scripture is also consistent that we are not to put the Lord to the test (Exodus 17:2; Matthew 4:7). Just as Jesus refused to jump off the pinnacle of the temple, even though God would send angels to protect Jesus, so are we to not intentionally put ourselves in situations that require God’s miraculous intervention. First Corinthians 10:9, while not speaking directly of snake handling in churches, says it best, “We should not test the Lord, as some of them did — and were killed by snakes.”
    http://www.gotquestions.org/snake-handling.html

Also, give your girlfriend some poison to drink so you can prove this wrong. Don't drink it yourself. I like having you around.

You are impossible robo. You go ahead and praise Israel and attack those who do not support Israel above all else and especially America.

They have killed 34 sailors in a deliberate attack on our ship the Liberty. They have stolen tons of top secret documents and the Soviet Union got a hold of all of them and it compromised our defense against the Soviets and if we had a war they would have won and we would be living under them today.

Now if you love them so much that you would accuse me of hating Jews, loving Islam and revering Farrakhan then you can just go too you know where. You value Israel a lot more than America and I'm afraid a lot of Jews do the same. I just hope the majority don't feel the same as you. Thank you, thank you very much
    That little hunk of sand isn't the promised land anyway. America is!

Quote Originally Posted by REECHMAN View Post
    Ever read Hal Lindsey's Blood Moon?
    I'm not much of an "The end is near." kind of a guy, but Lindsey does write some very thought provoking stuff. I don't agree with all of it or the timeline, but it is thought provoking and worth checking out for those who can keep theological thought in perspective that it is only thought and not absolute fact.

A less dramatic and even more learned writer of both theological fiction and non-fiction is Paul Maier. I really liked Maier's "Skeleton in God's Closet" and so also read "Flames of Rome" and the God's Closet sequel "Not Just a Skeleton", which I don't think was as good. I also use Maier's translation of Josephus's writings.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast