Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I don't suppose you replaced the t-stat over the winter did you?

Lightbulb

99% wiring problem.I had problems similar to this.
    Looks like condes.unit works against auxsilary heat.
    Check airhandler proper operation,wiring and thermostat.
    Good luck!
    OOOPS!Try again!Well done!

i just replace the t-stat this year but this problem started last year

could it be possible that the unit is over charged ?

Clean the evaporator and condensor coils first using appropriate cleaner made for this just like on a service truck, then change the return filter and report back with all pertinent information as follows. Measure the size of the return ductwork and note the filter size and efficiency rating / Airflow across evaporator coil taken using a pitot tube and traverse method in the supply duct at the proper location / Supply duct register temp / Ambient outside temp DB / Evaporator inlet WB / Low side pressure reading / Lowside line temp taken with a thermistor type probe at evap outlet / High side pressure reading / High side line temp taken at the condensor outlet with a thermistor type probe / Amp draw of compressor / Temperature of the compressor case at the bottom / Contactor voltage / Age and model number of the unit / Model of thermostat / Refrigerant type and complete history of any repair work that has been previously performed plus do a visual survey of all supply diffusers to be sure they are open and not obstructed same for returns. Now by golly we have a better than 50/50 chance of telling you exactly what is wrong with this unit.

jblast
    you stated a guy came out last year for the smae problem. he put it to heat then to cool and it worked. now it wont work no matter what you do.you hear a click from the valve but no swoosh. unless you put a lot of freon in the system i dout this is freon related. the unit works fine in heat mode but wont through into cooling mode.
    ok if i missed something sorry
    you have one of sevaral things going on here and it is time to stop playing arround with this unit
    the reversing valve is either defective or the coil is or you have crossed wirieng or the t stat is not working properly. or all of the above
    put down you tools pick up the phone and call a tech
    sit down on your deck or back yard and enjoy a beer while he go nuts fixing it. this will be cheaper in the long run
    and safer for you heat pumps are tricky units to repair
    good lick

sorry
    good luck

Question Sweating

Originally posted by jblast
    [B]. the line are sweating like they should ... [B]
    ___________ At least something is working hard.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

i had a tech come out and he said that my sevice value is leaking ,and that why the a/c not cooling right and it will cost me about $300 ,does that sound right ?

is the unit cooling now did he put refrig.back into the system did he find anything else other than your service valve leaking
    after reading everything in here i am not about to diagnose your system only try to lead you properly

no he just check the unit and found the leak at the service valve ,he'll be back friday to change the valve, but looking at the unit and see the lines sweating i,am not sould that the valve is the problem, would the servie valve stop the unit from cooling right ?

If heat worked OK and suction line is sweating in cool mode but not icing up sounds like the heat strip is energized.

I find this fairly often on insufficient cooling calls with heat pumps.

Have your tech take an amp draw on the air handler, this will help isolate the problem.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

more tempted to think your problem is somewhere with a metering device that the srvc.valve have your service man take a look at that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast