Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hmm

I don't know alot about heat pumps but anyway my heat pump will not switch over to a/c the fan come on and the the condenser switches on but no cool air ,when i look in side of the outside conderser the pipe from the accumultor is forsting up i check the feon and the level where good my freind does hvac work and say it might be the revuse value of i might need and new heat pump please help

You need a contractor to check it.

It could be some thing real simple, or more complicated.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

i try to stay away from "diy" but it sounds to me like you need to call a contractor and tell him your framastatic gasket in the kanuter valve is leaking. glad i could help
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

That's not nice torino. You know damned well the kanuter valve doesn't have a gasket.

Truly though, you need to have an HVAC technician find the problem. Could be many things, some simple, some not so simple. A simple thing can become not so simple really fast when someone not knowing what they are doing is messing with it.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Hmm

is'nt a kanuter valve for a car ?

robo is right

call a pro. heat pumps are one of the most complicated and moody piece of hvac equipment out there

[Edited by 1972torino on 05-27-2005 at 11:00 PM]
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

ok thank anyway

first of all, shut the power off to the unit, have your friend turn the thermostat to cool while you stand out side, you should hear the reversing valve click, if not it is probably stuck in the heating position, a good service tech should be able to replace it for around 300-400 dollars. depending on where you live.

I turn the power off and i hear the click but still down cool air do you think that there might be trash in the line ? the heat pump did the same thing last year and i had a tech come out and he turn the heat up to 90 and then switch it to cool you could hear a big wooosh and then it started blown cool air i try it but it did'nt work for me

Cool

easy fix for ur heat pump get a Big F**Kn Hammer and smack reversing valve or call a contractor to solve it and you will have ur heat pump working

Originally posted by thomasomally62
    first of all, shut the power off to the unit, have your friend turn the thermostat to cool while you stand out side, you should hear the reversing valve click, if not it is probably stuck in the heating position, a good service tech should be able to replace it for around 300-400 dollars. depending on where you live.
    There is no way in hell Im changing a RV valve for 300 bucks.

$89 an hour, plus part, recovery, refer, torch...etc.

No way.
    It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.

~Albert Camus

if the reversing valve is stuck, take loose the hot wire from the valve touch it back to the terminal for 2 sec. take the wire off. do this about ten times or so till you hear the whoosh. it should free up the rev. valve. or was that process for the kanuter valve. oh well.

i took off the hot wire and did it till i hear the woosh but the air is still no coming out cold it kind cold but not cold cold the air coming from the fan is kinda luke warm. the line are sweating like they sould but no cold air

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast