Hybrid View

Does anyone know of or can recommend a thermostat that controls humidity in both the cooling and heating mode. This would mean that it attempts to cycle the condenser when cooling to reduce the relative humidity while turning on the humidifier in the heating mode to bring up the humidity. I've looked at the Honeywell TH8321 but it only seems to try to reduce humidity in the cooling mode and does nothing to control the humidifier.
    Thanks for your help.

lennox signiture stat can do both. it is made for them by another co but i can't remember name. have seen them at united refrig. i think grainger has them also.

There's two stats out there, one made by RobertShaw/Invensys and one made by White-Rodgers. Can't think of the model #'s off the top of my head, but their websites will have all the info you'd need.

http://www.white-rodgers.com
    http://www.robertshaw.com

Yes, Carrier hasa thermidistat that controls humidity in heating and cooling mode.

Thorton

Lennox Signature stat I have one on my unit works very well. Also carrier thermidistat

Honeywell PC8900
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

I understand Carrier/Bryant Thermidistat and Lennox SignatureStat and Trane Comfort-R for dehumidifying in summer, but how can humidity control in the thermostat do any better than the regular humidistat in the furnace's air flow? I have an Aprilaire 700 humidifier with the outdoor temp sensor.
    Al

I'm not too familiar with humidifiers (I'm a Florida native), but I know that some of the stats will reduce indoor humidity when outdoor temps get lower to prevent condensation on windows & such. I'm assuming your Aprilaire unit's outdoor temp sensor would serve the same purpose.