Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Is there a certain block of rooms for us yet ? I am making reservations now but want to make sure I am near the rest of the nut cases .

Originally posted by refrtech
    Is there a certain block of rooms for us yet ? I am making reservations now but want to make sure I am near the rest of the nut cases .
    I gave up on blocking the rooms. You can get a much better deal on your own. Also, the hotel wanted me to be responsible for paying for any rooms that were not booked or used...yea right! Hell, there are some here that would not show up just to screw me over
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Speak for yourself...
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I was Dice !! The room is reserved now

I have a hot tub and full bar in my room, plus free massages and a continental breakfast.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Tell Robo to put on the kabooki make up before he gives you that back rub.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Originally posted by Carnak
    Tell Robo to put on the kabooki make up before he gives you that back rub.
    How could you even finish typing that without puking on your keyboard thinking about it? Oh well; "If the moneys there, we don't care".

Since you guys are going to be in my old neighborhood I have a small request. I know you are going there for fun mainly but I sure wish that we all could head in a more business like direction with having a few small serious meetings or sessions about such things as proper pricing of service, gross profit, customer relationships (not the kind most of your guys are thinking this very moment), licensing and laws regulating us, and any other subjects that comes to mind.

Besides, the IRS requires 4.5 hours per day of business before you can write this trip off as business anyway.

One more thing...where you will be walking, the inner harbor, use to be famous for what? Robo probably will be the only one that will know this. And I have a feeling you will be depressed when you find out the previous occupants were forced to move out when the harbor was "improved." You would hae a more exciting time if they were still there.

See the submarine and go to Fort McHenry too if you get a chance. And there is a drop dead seafood restaurant right around the corner from the water front..but I can't think of the name. Maybe later. Have fun.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Hey Delta would you happen to be refering to the pigs that thy used to run through the streets ? I know that is how "Pigtown" got it's name.

I haven't spent 4.5 hours in a meeting in my entire life, I sure as hell ain't gonna start now.......

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by Diceman
    I haven't spent 4.5 hours in a meeting in my entire life, I sure as hell ain't gonna start now.......
    Yea, sure, right! Like you haven't sat down with a couple or more cool ones for 4.5 hours talking your stuff during the last HVAC convention and talked about how great your installation are! That's a meeting!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Hey Delta would you happen to be refering to the pigs that thy used to run through the streets ? I know that is how "Pigtown" got it's name.
    Have not heard that in quite a while. Pigtown was there waaaaaay before Baltimore was actually a city. Since Phila started out as our nations capital the Baltimore harbor was just about as north as a ship could get so a lot of stuff, including pigs, were shipped there. That entire area up to the Eastern Shore to DC and Richmond was pretty much farm land not all that long ago as time goes.

For history buffs, the inner harbor was where Francis Scott Key wrote The Star Bangled Banner(SP) while Fort McHenry was under attack. He thought for sure the fort would never last the night through and when the sun came up the fort was still intact and fighting back. Read the words of the song and you will see how he mentions the sun coming up and the Flag (Star Bangled Banner) still flying.

There is a lot of history in that area. And for crabs, a real crab feast Southern Maryland style, I would head for the Rod & Rheel Club near Annapolis.

But that is not what the inner harbor was all about during the 40's, 50's, 60's & 70's. I'll tell you that you will notice a very large police station there which might give you a hint.

We have already discussed the infamous Baltimore Block. There are still some clubs there and the Hustler Club has opened there recently to try to bring The Block back to life.

In it's heyday The Block was visited by sailors from around the world who docked in the Inner Harbor. Back then though, you did not want to be wandering around the docks where the Inner Harbor is now.

Allied Chemical plants on the Harbor was so bad that instead of cleaning the area up they just poured a concrete "cap" over the site to seal in the bad stuff. The morgue was right on the water at a spot where bodies dumped into the Bay and Harbor would eventually was up.

Until about 30 years ago this area was pretty seedy. Now it is a tourist Mecca with some interesting history surrounding it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast