Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    There is no good time of the year for everyone so we have to go with the best time for the region that the convention is being hosted in. May we have someone from the South host the 2006 convention?

Certainly on a HV and >>>>>> AC forum,.... post Dog Days isn't that great a time. Late September would have been a great time unless the objective is to splinter this thing. Maybe you guys can just call it a Ghost Convention with your Casper looking pasty white legs.

We noticed how fast

you just shot up to Pittsburgh last year. Like were going to change everything for you just to not show again. It's a freaking weekend James. If you cant have one of those in the summer, you dont need a vacation, you need counciling and help with your biz!!!! LOL!

Friday nite, Saturday, and go home on Sunday. Hell your dogs wouldn't even notice you were gone in that short time.......
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

James has dogs?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

We have several Marylanders on the forum who are familiar with the Inner Harbor. I think it would be best to have input from all of us so those not familiar with the area will have a more diverse opinion of what is best to do.

I would even like to meet with some of the other Marylanders just to walk the area one day to familiarize ourselves with all that is available and how accessable it all is.

There is a possibility that I won't even be a Marylander in August.

The other problem is Maryland. Too close to New Jersey and the rest of those communist strong holds up there. One usually thinks of those little bumps in the road as the place New York City dumps their garbage.

May we have someone from the South host the 2006 convention?
    I'll help in that. How about on the beach?

I'd love to come up this year. If I still lived in Pittsburgh, that wouldn't be a problem. I'm flying home three times, back to back to back next month and into July which is taking a nice chunk out of my savings. Although, my mouth is watering at the sound of Maryland crab cakes.
    Get back to work.™

Beaches are good. We could have had this one at one of the many beaches in Maryland but those areas are tougher to get to.

Maryland is a great State for places to visit. From mountains to seashores to rolling hills Maryland has every geographical feature except natural lakes. It seems that when you have one of the largest estuary's running through the middle of your state being fed into by rapidly rising streams and rivers it is difficult for a natural lake to form. Not to worry though, Maryland has plenty of man made lakes from the multitude of dams built to hold back mountain stream runoff water.

I may not like the general politics that eminates from the Baltimore/DC corridor, but that is not depictive of the rest of Maryland. The vast farmlands and livestock areas of Maryland are dominated by fairly conservative people.

I suggest we make James the host of the 2006 convention and let him choose the date. I can get away for a weekend anytime of the year and I hear there are parts of Georgia that don't smell like swamp gas.

Re: We noticed how fast

Originally posted by spotts
    you just shot up to Pittsburgh last year. Like were going to change everything for you just to not show again. It's a freaking weekend James. If you cant have one of those in the summer, you dont need a vacation, you need counciling and help with your biz!!!! LOL!

Friday nite, Saturday, and go home on Sunday. Hell your dogs wouldn't even notice you were gone in that short time.......
    Dog days is a term for the part of summer that goes back to ancient astronomy. Duh.

Beaches are good. We could have had this one at one of the many beaches in Maryland but those areas are tougher to get to.

Maryland is a great State for places to visit. From mountains to seashores to rolling hills Maryland has every geographical feature except natural lakes. It seems that when you have one of the largest estuary's running through the middle of your state being fed into by rapidly rising streams and rivers it is difficult for a natural lake to form. Not to worry though, Maryland has plenty of man made lakes from the multitude of dams built to hold back mountain stream runoff water.

I may not like the general politics that eminates from the Baltimore/DC corridor, but that is not depictive of the rest of Maryland. The vast farmlands and livestock areas of Maryland are dominated by fairly conservative people.

I suggest we make James the host of the 2006 convention and let him choose the date. I can get away for a weekend anytime of the year and I hear there are parts of Georgia that don't smell like swamp gas.
    Swamp gas or garbage from New York and Dairy Cow poopoo. I'll take the swamp.

Originally posted by James 3528
    Me too

How about Myrtle Beach for '06

Originally posted by swampfox
    I haven't been to Myrtle since 2000. I was thinking either there or Hilton Head.
    Get back to work.™

Originally posted by swampfox
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Me too

What time would be the most inconvenient time for the Yankees? What's the height of the wood burning stove repair and thermocouple change out season?

Quityer*****in and do something constructive for a change. Maybe some left coasters or Northern exposures can get us East siders on a long haul in 2006.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast