Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2005 HVAC-Talk Convention Details

Post Likes
    When: August 26 - 28, 2005

Where: Baltimore Inner Harbor area

Who's Invited: HVAC enthusiasts, their spouses and generally anyone else who likes to have a good time.

Hosts/Planners: RoBoTeq, Diceman, and the other regulars at H-Talk.

Activities Planned:
    - Crab Fest and Midnight Cruise on Saturday Night
    - Drinking, talking, sharing, and fun for all ages!

Recommended Hotel:

Renaissance Harborplace Hotel
    202 E. Pratt St.
    Baltimore, MD
    800-535-1201
    http://marriott.com/property/propert...rshaCode=BWISH

There are plenty of other hotels nearby as well.

If you plan on attending, simply REPLY to this message.

[Edited by BC1 on 05-28-2005 at 11:00 AM]
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes

Calling my res. now.

That'd be 2 for Spotts. If Jado can't make it cause of babies....... Dad says he'll go.

Busy hotel, I'll try again later.

[Edited by spotts on 05-27-2005 at 05:06 PM]
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Sounds like fun. A craf fest and fur for everyone? I'm liking it more and more!
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Thats what my mother in law calls me---- "Fur head"

Post Likes
    It is 6:30 AM on Saturday. I called the 800 # and the gentleman does not show a block of rooms under "H-Talk" or "HVAC-Talk" at Baltimore. But being that it is early I got the world wide reservation center. Is there a confirmation # or contact person at the hotel?

I will call Jack later. I'd call him now but it is like 3:30 in the morning in Colorado. He is probably up feeding the baby but I better wait anyway. .

Post Likes
    I am interested in attending.
    Saddle Up!

Post Likes
    I'll be there !! Again Robo anything I can do to help just let me know.

Post Likes
    You should have no problem writing off this trip either.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    I see this thing gets planned in the full swing of the hot season.

Post Likes
    They Yankees and Canucks are getting slow by then.

Post Likes
    Yep.

Post Likes
    There is no good time of the year for everyone so we have to go with the best time for the region that the convention is being hosted in. May we have someone from the South host the 2006 convention?

I have just received the contract for the group block and have not yet submitted it. Our contacts name is Jim Keenan, so if you are making a reservation now, mention his name and have "H-Talk Convention" put on the reservation somewhere so we can change it over to the group block.

Please email me your real names if you are making reservations before the paperwork goes through. That way I can let Jim Keenan know whose reservations to trasfer.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Looking over this group contract I do not like the way it is set up. This contract is requiring a guarantee of payment for 15 rooms at $189 per night.

If you call the hotel direct you can get a regular rate of $199 per night on an individual basis. If you use a AAA membership you get 20% off which makes the room rate $159 per night, a savings of $80 for the weekend.

Even if you don't have AAA, you can get it for less then $80 and still come out ahead.

I have emailed Jim Keenan of my concerns but really think we are better off booking individual rooms at $199 plus AAA discount. Some of us may have other discounts available. Either way, the group rate with having to go through a contract seems to not be in our best interest.

I still think this is the best hotel to stay at for its central location to everything.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    There is no good time of the year for everyone so we have to go with the best time for the region that the convention is being hosted in. May we have someone from the South host the 2006 convention?

Certainly on a HV and >>>>>> AC forum,.... post Dog Days isn't that great a time. Late September would have been a great time unless the objective is to splinter this thing. Maybe you guys can just call it a Ghost Convention with your Casper looking pasty white legs.

Post Likes

We noticed how fast

you just shot up to Pittsburgh last year. Like were going to change everything for you just to not show again. It's a freaking weekend James. If you cant have one of those in the summer, you dont need a vacation, you need counciling and help with your biz!!!! LOL!

Friday nite, Saturday, and go home on Sunday. Hell your dogs wouldn't even notice you were gone in that short time.......
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    James has dogs?
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    We have several Marylanders on the forum who are familiar with the Inner Harbor. I think it would be best to have input from all of us so those not familiar with the area will have a more diverse opinion of what is best to do.

I would even like to meet with some of the other Marylanders just to walk the area one day to familiarize ourselves with all that is available and how accessable it all is.

There is a possibility that I won't even be a Marylander in August.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    The other problem is Maryland. Too close to New Jersey and the rest of those communist strong holds up there. One usually thinks of those little bumps in the road as the place New York City dumps their garbage.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    May we have someone from the South host the 2006 convention?
    I'll help in that. How about on the beach?

I'd love to come up this year. If I still lived in Pittsburgh, that wouldn't be a problem. I'm flying home three times, back to back to back next month and into July which is taking a nice chunk out of my savings. Although, my mouth is watering at the sound of Maryland crab cakes.
    Get back to work.™

Post Likes
    Beaches are good. We could have had this one at one of the many beaches in Maryland but those areas are tougher to get to.

Maryland is a great State for places to visit. From mountains to seashores to rolling hills Maryland has every geographical feature except natural lakes. It seems that when you have one of the largest estuary's running through the middle of your state being fed into by rapidly rising streams and rivers it is difficult for a natural lake to form. Not to worry though, Maryland has plenty of man made lakes from the multitude of dams built to hold back mountain stream runoff water.

I may not like the general politics that eminates from the Baltimore/DC corridor, but that is not depictive of the rest of Maryland. The vast farmlands and livestock areas of Maryland are dominated by fairly conservative people.

I suggest we make James the host of the 2006 convention and let him choose the date. I can get away for a weekend anytime of the year and I hear there are parts of Georgia that don't smell like swamp gas.
    Training is important!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in