Had a one year stint with very little market work and had to get back to the late nights and big O.T.

I just quit my job with my present employeer and I am going back to AAA refrigeration and back to the markets.

I really missed the challenges of market work and could not live with a 40 hour check.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Originally posted by Freezeking2000
    could not live with a 40 hour check.
    That's the problem with a lot of market techs: They get used to that o.t!! We have a lot of techs struggling since our bread and butter went in house. I am glad we don't have them anymore because my personal life has greatly improved since.

I do know what you mean though, sometimes I miss those late night head scratchers, going home at 8:00 am!

Originally posted by jerrycoolsaz
    Originally posted by Freezeking2000
    could not live with a 40 hour check.

I do know what you mean though, sometimes I miss those late night head scratchers, going home at 8:00 am!

Nobody in their right mind would know what you are speaking of when you wrote; "going home at 8:00 am!"

No one with any sence of decency or standard work ethic would ever grasp what your saying there.

However, I understand completly!

There's nothing quite like watching the sun rise just as your putting the final touches on a compressor change-out which began the day before.......

Freezeking2000
    Check out R A C Mech in Westbury LI. It's a much nicer shop to work for than AAA. Very few all nighters.

DON'T do it

Just got home from a 18 hour shift.(WALLY WORLD remodel)

WHy couldn't I be born rich

I dont miss the 8 am head scratchers, i called them ball busters. But I do like the way time goes when you are into solving a big problem.

pecmsg,,,thanks, but i live in connecticut and we dont have any good supermarket contractor in the state except AAA.

I have already donr 8 years with AAA (non-union here)and have found them to be a well run and respected contractor. I try very hard to get in and out after midnight and have gottem pretty good and getting it done quickly at night as I hate missing my sleep.

Yea R-12 you had a stint in the markets too. I am not looking to work more than 80 hours a week(yea right) this year. Last year i woud\ked there I had to 100 hour weeks.
    Big $$$$$$ but i felt it.hehehehe!

Ned 15 hours THATS WHAT I AM TALKIN ABOUT. We dont do any wally worlds yet, but we are the Target guys, stop and shop, B Js, Costco and many more. Also we cover Connecticut, Western Mass and sometimes Rhode Island.....hehehehe!

[Edited by Freezeking2000 on 05-27-2005 at 09:19 PM]
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Talking welcome back sucker

I just changed companies...good move ...but they have soooooooo much work.(definitely a double edge sword)

The time does fly when you are under the gun fo' sho'.

You can doze off on a 40 ton AAON if you're waiting for the electricians. Give it a whirl.

Yea i can relate to the napping, but i put cardboard in the back of the truck and nap out. Try to not over fill the back of the van.lol!

If you are looking for a Conn company to work for check out Eastern Refrigeration in Colchester. 8605372385

I live in southern ct and Eastern does not have much going on in this end of the state and the rate of pay is critical to me and i hear eastern wont pay at rates like AAA will pay.

Do you work for Eastern? Mr Shumbo?

I am under the impression that they pay the same, however they do not have alot of work in the southern Conn area. I know Mr Shumbo, but I am located on Long Island.

What is the rate up there anyway?

Well I hear the pay rate (non-union) is $24.00-$30.00 per hour for a supermarket man. AAA has a good company penion on top of that so its not too bad. AAA has Ed Shumbo working for them (he is a good man).

Well, what the hell WERE you doing?

I thought you had bought into that outfit, and were still doing markets.

Jeez, you got out, and now you're trying to break back in. You must be insane.