Thread: JCI dsc 8500

JCI dsc 8500

Anyone got any info on dsc 8500s to share. Would like to have some wiring or installation material on the onboard fics...anything dsc or fic related

Also... if the cal files to a particular fic are not on site or on the workstation...I guess there is no way to generate a list of inputs and outputs ???

Anyhow.... I did look at the johnson site.....couldnt find anything....

thanks...
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I mailed you a pdf, have a few more but they are like 50 megs each, what I have is the full set of DSC-8500 tech manuals in pdf form, much easier than the binders I used to haul around in my van.

Wow, thanks control geek.

Hopefully everything I ever need is in that one manual.

Im not looking to learn how to install or even maintain one of those systems, just want to get a better understanding of them and the components.

We are in the process of ripping one out now and there are a couple of components I just dont understand the purpose of and while its not too important....I would still like to know how they fit into the scheme so that I dont miss something.

thanks again
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Smile

After many years of working on them, let me know what you are questioning and I may be able to help you.

DSC-8500 Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by controlgeek View Post
    I mailed you a pdf, have a few more but they are like 50 megs each, what I have is the full set of DSC-8500 tech manuals in pdf form, much easier than the binders I used to haul around in my van.
    Control Geek, do you still have the manuals in PDF that you talked about regarding the DSC-8500? If so, how can I get these from you? I appreciate any help you can provide me with this request. If you can e-mail them to me I would be greatful. My email belongs in profile.
    Last edited by Stamas; 03-07-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: email, see rules please

I am also looking for details on the DSC-8500, but more specifically about the CAL1 (Custom Application Language). Does anyone have a programmer's guide for this language? I am fluent in other JCI languages but have come upon a project that includes reviewing a facility's sequences with DSCs and I am not familiar with this type of code.

dsc 8500

I have the manuals from a long time ago. Is there a particulat problem your dealing with that I can help on. Just let me know.

I was wondering if I could get a copy of the DSC 8500 tech manual. I'm having trouble with several FIC boards and need to see if my tech's are changing the jumper settings correctly when replacing the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto View Post
    I was wondering if I could get a copy of the DSC 8500 tech manual. I'm having trouble with several FIC boards and need to see if my tech's are changing the jumper settings correctly when replacing the boards.
    I have my tech school books if your interested in buying them, or I could copy the section on FIC boards if that would help. I also have the cal1 one book.

Did you ever het a manual for cal1?

I have the cal1 book but am having problems with a setup where there are multiple FIC's that have been replaced and I have lost communication to some points cards. I have been told that the address scheme is a binary address but importantly there are other jumpers that have to be in the right place for the board to function. I'm taking that as plausible speculation but I have to try something while the budget is being reviewed for an upgrade to an FEC.

Long story short, I could use that FIC page if you could send it to me.

I will copy it for you. Give me an email address and I'll send it to you. Your right about the jumpers. One set is for the address and the other is for communication speed.

Quote Originally Posted by bedlite2 View Post
    I have my tech school books if your interested in buying them, or I could copy the section on FIC boards if that would help. I also have the cal1 one book.
    Contact me ,email in profile, I may be interested in tech books