+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fryer Problems

Post Likes

Fryer Problems

Client states fryer will stay on but for only 20min. I am thinking hi-limit or thermostat touching the heat exchanger tubing? Any thoughts? Or thermostat is bad causing hi-limit to trip?

Post Likes
    Dirty pilot orifice causing pilot flame not to contact thermopile

Post Likes
    Thanks man!

Post Likes
    No problem, Glad I could help.

Post Likes
    i like talking to myself aswell

Post Likes
    seems you solved it, on the pitco ones i work on the highlimit kills the pilot, so ill ask them if the pilot goes out when they notice the fryer not working, i always replace the hi-limit and t-start at the same time.

if the orfice was clogged, then how would it light in begin with?

Post Likes
    orifice wasn't "clogged" but partially restricted not allowing enough gas to the pilot resulting in small pilot flame. I always check hi limit by disconnecting the two leads and touching them together if pilot goes out no problem. If it doesn't... Defective hi-limit

Post Likes
    It was a millivolt control fryer. If the pilot isn't strong enough to heat up the thermopile to generate the proper millivolt to open the gas valve then it will not work but will still keep the pilot open. Curious why do you always replace the thermostat and hi limit together? Using a temp gauge will tell you which control really needs replacing.

Post Likes
    Ya I stuck my fluke probe in the oil and monitored the temps to see if it was the thermostat

Post Likes
    This check has been tried and tested and works great. You jumper out the Hi-limit, then you make sure the fryer is full of oil and heat it up while monitoring the temperature closely so it won't overheat and to check the t-stat is controlling the temp. this will tell you what parts need replacing. no need to go over 400 - 450 degrees, don't need flames, good luck

Post Likes
    Why would you jump out the hi limit? I would want to see if it is failing at a lower temp also. As long as it doesn't fail under the highest setting on the tstat then what is the point?

Post Likes
    x2 to what temp said

Post Likes
    Again how would that test a hi limit that fails at lets say 300 degrees?

Post Likes
    If you jumper the high limit and the pilot flame doesn't go out then you have a faulty high limit. Join the PRO side!

Post Likes
    Hi hope you checked the hi limit is wired into the pilot circuit and not inline with the thermostat. Been a pro....25 years and 6 figures.

Post Likes
    Why would the hi-limit not be wired into the pilot circuit? Every fryer I have ever worked on has been

Post Likes
    So you don't work on electrics? You have never seen a older frymaster, annets, dean wired this way? Never came across a missed wired fryer? I have never assumed anything when working on a piece of machinery. Insurance cost are just to high.

Post Likes
    No, I only have worked on restaurants that are 11yrs or younger. I work on a lot of electric commercial equipment

Post Likes
    I myself am not that old btw

Post Likes
    most fryer high limits have numbers printed on them that relate to the degree they will open the circuit and if your hi limit is opening earlier then that temp( and the probe is where mounted where it should be usually 1or 2 inches away from heat tubes ) then you have a bad hi-limit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in