Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. Ronald Reagan
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Freedom is not about doing as I please, Freedom is a principle to be protected and nurtured. And as noted above, to be passed along generation by generation.

If we do not actively teach our kids what it means... we will loose it.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. Ronald Reagan
    Agreed

But how does one fight for freedom and liberty in this country with out being labeled and thus ridiculed and ruined by the liberal media/legal system?
    It seems as though if someone holds an opposing opinion to the mainstream agenda, they are called a conspiracy nut, religious fanatic, terrorist, etc.

If Paul Revere were here, he would be thrown in jail.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Agreed

But how does one fight for freedom and liberty in this country with out being labeled and thus ridiculed and ruined by the liberal media/legal system?
    It seems as though if someone holds an opposing opinion to the mainstream agenda, they are called a conspiracy nut, religious fanatic, terrorist, etc.

If Paul Revere were here, he would be thrown in jail.
    IMO one carefully chooses the ones they talk to... then over time bring them to fully understand what freedom really is. It is a process, not a sound-byte.

Each person that really 'gets it' will carry on... and over years the dilution of the voting pool will diminish.

NO, we cannot proclaim it from the mountaintops and have a revolution overnite... rather change one mind at a time.

Just a side note: I see less folks arguing for liberal content here at H-talk, and more learning to see the larger picture of Freedom. Either Lusker ran off the liberals... ... or folks here are learning.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Entitlements are enemy #1 to Freedom.
    Prolonged childhood dependence is enemy #2.
    Freedom by another name is called responsibility.
    Free men don't need a nanny government.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

"Thoughts"

Yep....multi-culturalism does not work and is destroying all of Europe. It wont be long until it destroys us too.
    Multi-culturalism is pretty much what the U.S. is all about, as long as it stays open and one culture is not protected or adhered to over any other.

Just what culture do you define as your version of American culture?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Maybe someone else can explain it to Boyd...as he just doesn't get it.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Multi-culturalism is pretty much what the U.S. is all about, as long as it stays open and one culture is not protected or adhered to over any other.

Come on robo. Don't you love the culture in which you were born? You know Western Civilization, Christian and lets just say it "White". Do you want a Latin culture, Muslim, Asian or African? I think not.

There is no such thing as multiculturalism. That is a PC term and has no meaning other than surrender to the 3rd world which we are not but apparently sliding in that direction thanks to our PC government, institutions and naive populace. Think about it. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

As long as it is AMERICAN ________ culture, I am fine.

When it becomes ________ culture (letting the American part slide), we have a problem.

Not that I am going to get hostile... I would just rather have our country last longer than I will.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

American culture used to be responsible citizens living in freedom under a rule of law. People took care of themselves and each other with minimal government help, That freedom from oppressive government was the driving appeal to immigrants from all over the world. To be American was to be free.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
    Mark Twain
    More at: http://www.quotationspage.com/subjects/education/

The American culture should be about Northern and Central Europeans. We found it, we took it, so it is ours.
    The rest of the planet is nothing but trouble and a 3rd world nightmare.

Homogeneous countries do not have the problems we have and are more unified than one that caters to a melting pot society.

The hippie dippie dream of everyone living together and that everything is everything is a bunch of liberal nonsense.
    Sorry to have to be the one to spring this on you guys, but North America was Spanish speaking before it was English and French speaking.

Sorry to have to be the one to spring this on you guys, but North America was Spanish speaking before it was English and French speaking.
    Never the less, we took it and its ours.

Theodore Roosevelt

Maybe someone else can explain it to Boyd...as he just doesn't get it.
    No, I don't get it. What makes the U.S. great is that we are so multicultural and that anyone can be an American.

As long as a person's culture is not in defiance with the standards of what the U.S. stands for, as Islam does, then all cultures should tolerated and even celebrated.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast