Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415
    All great tunes Glenn. You do realize that some of those groups were....well.....you know.....colored?

I saw Billy Joe Royal at a country show in Wolf Trapp after he went back to his country roots. Down in the Boondocks is still a favorite of mine.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Last two are Motown... really good tunes.

About 3 years ago, there was a free concert in my area... a 'review' group doing the Temptations... they were really GOOD! Brought back some memories.
    In my early teens, I was divided between two social attractions; hallucinegenic drugs and dancing. I got along fine with the heads as well as the JC crowd. My motorhead friends could not understand what I saw in psychodelic music and my head friends could not understand why I loved Mo-Town tunes so much. The fact is, you can't dance very well to most psychodelic songs and Mo-Town music could be scary when doing certain kinds of drugs. As I was more and more shunned by the JC's for letting my hair grow and wearing more flamboyant clothing, I got more into the psychodelic scene.

For a pretty good depiction of what the 60's and early 70's psychodelic scene was really like, check out the movie Psych-Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0EIKC0YbyE

And yes, that is Jack Nicholson

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Musical compositions, sounds and even new instruments were being created to satisfy the the musicians desires. It would take quite another revolution of artistic freedoms to achieve that level of progression again.

There are so many now obscure groups and one hit wonders that broke some musical barrier or another. The Zombies had a completely different sound. Status Quo had one of the most recognizable guitar riffs in music. The Blues Magoos mix of rythym and blues and psychodelic was phenominal even if it was dated. I truly do miss the diversity that was in music as I was growing up in the 60s and 70s. Disco, while I like some of it, was the death nell to innovative music.
    I thoroughly agree here... I would like to add: It appears there was a freedom of mind to create during that era... Blame it on drugs, suggest it was due to free thinking, see it as progressive change... whichever...

The level of creativity has IMO not been matched since.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    All great tunes Glenn. You do realize that some of those groups were....well.....you know.....colored?

I saw Billy Joe Royal at a country show in Wolf Trapp after he went back to his country roots. Down in the Boondocks is still a favorite of mine.
    Yeah well you know I do have enough diversity in me to appreicate some of the music by Black groups back in the 50's and early 60's when they still played good music. Can't say that anymore. Yeah I'm really open minded you know.

Actually I liked "I knew you when" by Billy Joe best of all. Down in the Boodocks was great also. Just love the oddies but goodies. Just hated it when the Beatlies came along with their long hair and ruined music and kick started the drug culture big time in my opinion. Thank you, thank you very much.

Heres one more great one by the king

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHmYGemfooc
    Last edited by glennac; 03-13-2011 at 11:19 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah well you know I do have enough diversity in me to appreicate some of the music by Black groups back in the 50's and early 60's when they still played good music. Can't say that anymore. Yeah I'm really open minded you know.

Actually I liked "I knew you when" by Billy Joe best of all. Down in the Boodocks was great also. Just love the oddies but goodies. Just hated it when the Beatlies came along with their long hair and ruined music and kick started the drug culture big time in my opinion. Thank you, thank you very much.

Heres one more great one by the king

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHmYGemfooc
    I can understand someone not particularly liking the Beatles music, but I don't see how anyone could dislike all of it. The Beatles, as Paul McCartny so aptly puts it, just sang mostly silly love songs.....what's wrong that?

Here Glenn, educate yourself a little bit. Here is a sampling of 15 Beatles songs I want you to honestly listen to and give us a report on; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho_xNXgq7gg

You only have to endure about 20-30 seconds of each song, so at least give it a try.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415