Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Don't know how this site ever got along with out you.

Frown

helicalrotoman

Don't be jealous....
    I'm normally a nice guy, but you all jumped on copperx or whoever started this tread like he's was an idiot and thermostat wiring should be left to highly trained HVAC techs....My point is what he was attempting to wire is very simple and if you all put your egos aside and stop thinking a person needs to be a super trained professional to wire a thermosat and help the guy out. Doesn't feel good to be talked down to like an idiot does it? I personally get sick every time I hear a residential service tech. making something soooo easy, sound soo difficult to make himself look like a genius in someone elses eyes.

Like I said before I tauhgt my 12 year old daughter to wire a heat/cool stat and she does it very well now. If I can teach her surely an adult man who comes to a site like this loking for help can be assisted or talked through wiring his t-stat up. I know you all want to think you're the elite service guru and make it out to be and major task....it's quite simple any fool could be coached through the wiring in a matter of minutes with no prior electrical experience. So all you asswipes can get down off your pedastal and take a reality check
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------the first person to get an attitude was crash11 so why dont you and him take your attitude and go bl*w each other!!
    re-read the post(or have someone read it for you) and you will see when our high and mighty tone changed. we were attacked and we responded. as i have always said i have no problem with DIY, but i think too many DIY'ers and hvac techs. use this site as a crutch. 95% of all questions posted here can be solved by the posters if they put forth the effort. people come here for "quick" answers and never bother to get to the root cause of the problem, so the problem is not solved only patched. dont agree with what i said? oh well
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Talking

Like I said before I tauhgt my 12 year old daughter to wire a heat/cool stat and she does it very well now. If
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    dont you mean "taught"? better leave spelling to the teachers
    I don’t always drink beer, but when I do I prefer Dos-Equis. I am the most interesting man in the world. Stay thirsty my friends.

Originally posted by dx
    <snip>

I will bet you dollars to donuts that every HVAC guy here has done non-hvac work on his house. Get off your high horses and stop ranting. It's a free country and HOs are allowed to screw up whatever they want at their own peril and expense. [/B]
    I could care less if a HO wants to work on their HVAC equipment. I have made some good money unscrewing screwed up HO repairs. However, I really don't have time to walk HO's through a diagnostic process and repair procedure over the internet.

Some people are more suited to do technical/mechanical work out of their field. The computer tech is probably more suited to diagnose and repair electrical problems in an HVAC system than someone with no technical/mechanical repair experience at all. You really do need to know your limitations

BTW, I spent all last week on top of a new construction Home Depot putting hail gaurds on, setting up economizers, and installing power exhaust units on seventeen Trane Reliatel Voyager pack units we flew (by helicopter) onto the roof the week before. The ODT was 98-100F. It was very hot on that roof. Why was I up there in that hellish heat. I guess it was so people could buy cheap T-stats, in a comfortable climate controlled building, to install themselves when they get home.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Originally posted by helicalrotoman

I have a news flash.. ...........all wiring is copper inside, color really doesn't matter,

Most gas with air conditioning is just a four wire set up. Red, White, yellow and Green. ...I thought that's what I said.........

News update.......
    Lots of wire is not copper, especially in controls.

And for the record, its not red,white, yellow and green, it is r,w,y and g.

I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Originally posted by helicalrotoman
    Doesn't feel good to be talked down to like an idiot does it? I personally get sick every time I hear a residential service tech. making something soooo easy, sound soo difficult to make himself look like a genius in someone elses eyes.

I'm sitting here laughing at your whopping 8 years of experience.

How does that make you feel???????

Excuse me, I beg everyone’s pardon but I seem to be drawn to a thread about thermostats that was OVER 4 months ago. Now I think it has turned into a flame war against some newbie that thinks he has wings.

Welcome to the site, but…..
    I don't want it on my watch.

Thank you to everyone for that followed the true meaning of brotherhood and kept it civil.

Lusker
    HVAC-Talk Site Associate

Home Warrantee

Hello,
    This forum is not for repair advice as stated by the owner of the forum. Go to Gardenweb for help They will answer the question a little better, but in all fairness, how can you expect your home warrantee to cover your screwup?

I will be more than happy to answer your questions in a positive way.

Yeah, go to Gardenweb, ya can learn how to fix your hvac unit, rewire your tv's cable box to get free HBO and how to grow the best Petunia's in town.
    Say hi to Spike for me, in some strange way, I miss him.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Senior Tech Guest
    What is this garden web you speak of? Can they teach me to grow tmaters?

Originally posted by senior tech
    What is this garden web you speak of? Can they teach me to grow tmaters?
    only the five finger leaf plants.

If this is not a DIYer site then why are you pro's wasting so much of your valuable time replying to this thread? Move on to one from one of the other professional members. Sounds like the first two replies gave this guy all he needed. Get over yourselves.

Rich Pickering, some of the wires in controls are NOT copper? Do enlighten us please, what exactly are they? Please be specific and provide us with a link to anyone selling control wiring that is NOT copper.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast