No Cooling After Condenser Move?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Originally posted by dvcavall
    As far as the vacuum...you guys will love this...he said "although illegal", he purges the lines with coolant which does the same thing and is how it was done before EPA concerns. He assures me there are no noncondensables in the system.
    I'd assure him that I won't turn him in to the EPA as long as he comes back out and recovers the refrigerant, evacuates your system and then recharges it properly with virgin refrigerant.

At least he knows he's breaking the law.

If you haven't paid him in full yet, give him the balance in chickens, then tell him thats how it was done before money came around.

See if he changes his tune then.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by ct2
    heatpumpjesus

crossed line sets ?

I would really like to offer an apoligy to you for giving credit to someone other than you for the answer to this mans problem. I dont know why I failed to notice that you mentioned it first, but I sure did and for that I am sorry .

Beenthere and Shophound are usually known for this kind of brilliance around here . Just seeing his response about the linesets impressed me so much that I just didnt read everything very carefully.
    again I am sorry for making that error, I hope I didnt offend you
    not a problem, all is good

LoL You guys make a lousy experience a bit more tolerable. You know...I think I am better off eating the extra money and just getting someone else to do the evac and recharge. Quite frankly, I have no trust that this guy would do it right the next time or the time after that! So even if he does it, I'd still be suspicious of how well he did it. OK Need to go look for some chickens...

I know this sounds obvious but are you sure that the condenser and evaporator are both operating on the same system. I have come across this before where control wiring is incorrect and blower on idle system runs.

Frown

http://www.epa.gov/compliance/complaints.html
    Yuor first step .
    Second place compliance against his licence.
    Further ask this contractor to remedy all of yours$$$,time and nervs.
    If not, meet the gay in courth.
    He may agree,make him an offer with the lines abouve,and you may have dill.
    Dont forget -Filters driers,and all mandatory technological and trade practices.
    Here in this forum you may grow an expert advisor for inocent customers.Good Luck!
    OOOPS!Try again!Well done!

Here in this forum you may grow an expert advisor for inocent customers.Good Luck!

There are already enough "expert advisors for innocent customers" on the DIY sites.

I was wondering if HVAC technicians have any type of "analyzer" to determine the precence of O2 in the coolant? Seems to me in the age of private, handheld alchohol level analyzers, such a piece of test equipment is clearly possible and would definitively show the amount of air that may be in the lines. I would think such a piece of test equipment would save techicians time and customers money, or make technicians extra money and save customers from major problems and costs down the road depending on the results? At the moment it seems to be a bit of guess work on whether or not there are non-condensibles in the lines w/o such a simple meter to actually determine the level or presence of such contamination?

Maybe a business opportunity for one of you?

Non condensibles don't mix in with the refrigerant in a even manor, you get streams, so a o2 detector wouldn't be acturate, all the time. But a nice idea.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345