Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi everyone. My name is Chuck. I graduated from Environmental Technical Institute in Itasca, IL. I have my EPA universal certification. I have been wanting to get work in the HVAC industry or start my own micro business, but Im not sure how to go about it. Id like to get more experience before I start my own business. I havent had much luck getting work either, as things are slow.

I signed up here to get more knowledge in this subject and to talk to like minded people about this useful skill.

Howdy chuck. Glad you made it here. loads of info. Things are slow all over. Maybe You will have some luck with finding work here. What area are you in now? I'm in the Ozarks and the new construction level has dropped to a crawl here. these days I rely on service work and with so many folks out of work they don't have the money to fix anything. Entry level jobs are easier to find than most folks think. Ya just have to beat the bushes.

Hello, welcome to the board.

Welcome Chuck, congrats on finishing school...you now know just enough to be dangerous. You have alot to learn and much experience to gain, before you even want to attempt starting your own business. You will want to work for someone for years, before doing this.

Good luck.

The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.

There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

Hello and welcome Chuck. This is a great place to learn from real world HVAC/R problems and the individuals that solve them. There are some very knowledgeable people on this site. Good luck.