+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spyder programming issues

Post Likes

Spyder programming issues

Since there is a plethora of Spyder experts on this forum, I have a couple of immediate problems that you all have probably run into. My experience is in Delta, Johnson and industrial PLC but my first Spyder project. I've been through AX certification and Spyder classes. I'm frustrated at how difficult it is to find answers to what should be simple stuff like:
    A) How to format graphic data so it displays the way I want it (see attachment 1). I want my temp to read 78.1 F but can't figure out how to format it.

B) Getting a Spyder software point (nvi) configured correctly so that I can bind it to a Yaskawa VFD snvt. For example, the Yaskawa nvo is nvoDrvStatus bit 0, a boolean point. In my HoneywellSpyderTool pallette the logical option is network input (software point). Trying to figure what properties to use (for the 1st timer) is impossible. None of the sensible options allow linking so I create test and delete and create and test and delete. Honeywell tech support has been unsupportive.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    A) How to format graphic data so it displays the way I want it (see attachment 1). I want my temp to read 78.1 F but can't figure out how to format it.
    Welcome to the forum Zymurgist
    For your first question, this is a Niagara related question.
    Did you proxy your MATemp point from an SNVT_temp_p or did you proxy it from nvoIO1\ui(x)? If you try the latter, you may run in to a conversion error. Setting the conversion type to linear, scale = 0 will solve that problem.

You can adjust the point's facet and set the precision to 1, then use %out.value% in your bound label.

B) Getting a Spyder software point (nvi) configured correctly so that I can bind it to a Yaskawa VFD snvt. For example, the Yaskawa nvo is nvoDrvStatus bit 0, a boolean point. In my HoneywellSpyderTool pallette the logical option is network input (software point). Trying to figure what properties to use (for the 1st timer) is impossible. None of the sensible options allow linking so I create test and delete and create and test and delete. Honeywell tech support has been unsupportive.
    nvoDrvStatus is a 16-bit snvt, type 83. You'll need to create an nvi of the same type in the Spyder. Right click the ControlProgram object under your Spyder and under views, pick NV configuration view. You can then click the "Add NV" button. Select network variable input, and from the NV composition check the "copy from" checkbox and select SNVT_state.

Post Likes

Wow

Thanks for the quick reply, Digo. You are correct on the first, I did the latter and will try the former. I'll also try your suggestion for my graphic config. You are my new tech support person.. Stand by!!!!!

Post Likes
    I deleted the MATemp proxy point and am trying to add it from snvt_temp_p but I don't know where to find it. I looked through all my discovered points and see nothing.

Post Likes
    Are you using a venom app? They use a multi-field snvt, Matemp is under nvoCtrlData1 or something like that.

Post Likes
    No, I'm using the LonSpyder from the HoneywellSpyderTool.

Post Likes
    No, I'm using the LonSpyder from the HoneywellSpyderTool.
    Yes, Lonspyder is the controller from the HoneywellSpyderTool palette.
    However, is the application in your ControlProgram something you put together yourself or are you using something pre-made like the VENOM apps?

When you add a new output nv and link to it from the physical input, you can right click the controller and click on "generate NVs", and then re-download the controller. Then the point will be discoverable.

As far a HW support goes, did you open a case with HW TAC? It may take a little while, but someone will get back to you.

Post Likes
    I did the program myself and am happy with it. I understand generating nvs but am not sure what that has to do with using a LonSpyder for my controller or the Venom App.

As far as tech support, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but our local distributor has been my first line of tech support and although at times its fine at other times it's not so fine. I feel like I'm swimming on my own and add that to a product that is needlessly complex and completely unintuitive I'm feeling a bit frustrated. Thankfully I started this project early and have yet to feel the typical crunch but it's coming.

Post Likes
    I did the program myself and am happy with it. I understand generating nvs but am not sure what that has to do with using a LonSpyder for my controller or the Venom App.

As far as tech support, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but our local distributor has been my first line of tech support and although at times its fine at other times it's not so fine. I feel like I'm swimming on my own and add that to a product that is needlessly complex and completely unintuitive I'm feeling a bit frustrated. Thankfully I started this project early and have yet to feel the typical crunch but it's coming.
    The Venom Apps are a separate set of modules that work in conjunction with Lon and BACnet spyders. They have some pre-configured apps along with graphics for CVAHU and VAV applications. I only asked because they pack many of the variables under a single SNVT to save resources, and I thought maybe that's where your MATemp was hiding.

If you haven't changed anything in the controller's logic, and it's currently commissioned, and downloaded, you shouldn't have a problem. Did you create an output nv for your MATemp point? If so, it should show up as an nvo in the Lon point Manager view. The only way it wouldn't show up in the discovery pane is if you already have it in the database.

Welcome to the Spyders, just be glad this isn't release 1.

Post Likes
    Zymurgist, It sounds like you're doing a Londevice to Londevice binding. Are you attempting this binding on the LonNetwork WireSheet? I don't think you can bind into the Spyders control programs' WireSheet. Digitals with the Spyder are quirky!
    RealEyes
    Realize
    RealLies!

Post Likes
    Thanks for the help guys. I'm at the job site this morning and have some things to do before I get back to trying to bind nvs. I'll try your suggestions later and let you know.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in