Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sounds like your typical rag company using anyone with a heart beat to blow-N-go and move as many boxes as possible at low prices.

If that was the foreman and supervisor, you will never get anything right from this company. You would be better off calling in another company so you will get maximum life out of your investment, and sending the bill to the rag company to pay with a note saying unless paid, I will see you in court. Those clowns are not qualified to make a sandwich.

410 A certified

Yes you can be 410A certified but it`s not a requirement ,i know it`s an open book test but at least they will not the difference between r22 and 410a http://epatest.com/ and if you want bring someone else ask for a NATE certified person http://www.natex.org/ because those guys will fix your problem for sure .

wow stupid viser and manager and the other trechs to. three trys and they still cant get it right.
    my best advice for you is
    stop playing arround with these guys. they had thier chance and they dont have a clue. if you had the superviser and they service manager there and they couldnt do it right then there is no one left.
    CALL LENOX 1800-453-6669 and complain. tell them you have no confadence in this copany and why. tell them you purchased the best and ask why you should have to deal with incopatence. they will take care of you i am sure
    good luck
    it is a shame and a sin

If your not sure get them to drop the charge, add a new dryer and charge it back up, this way you'll have peace of mind

Have they been paid? I hope you paid them with a credit card.
    If so, tell them to come and pick up their unit and buy from somebody else. Call your credit card company, have them fax the form to you and get this bill off your card.

This thread is a set up... how else would a customer seem to know so much?

Indian.....What makes you think that..the voices in your head. You know they now have madication for that condition....

I wish this issue was a mock situation. This nightmare is happening. Spoke to Lennox today. An investigation wil be started. But they rec calling the manager again a giving it another try. Then they will take the next step of having field supervisor for Lennox come out if procedures are not followed.

R410 defies conventional thinking, as well as R404 and it's sister breeds. The down fall is that more than likely Lennox dealers hype what sell both to the customer and their employees.

May I ask where in SoCal you live? I'm in the OC

Jamesair: I live in Garden Grove.

Sounds like Econo? Was this a replacement system or new? I also live in GG, Euclid/22. From reading the last several posts you just wanted the system checked, was anything wrong with it before the pm? or just a preseason check?

Jamesair, you are right on. How did you know it was ECONO AIR? It started as a PM, and the first guy saw that the pressures were not right as he stated to me.

Well,I spoke to Lennox Consumer Affairs on Tuesday May 31. They are requesting a letter with these details and will have it investigated. Letter written and faxed Tuesday AM. Let's see if it does happen, or just PC that they said that. I gave them exact details along with dates and times the calls were made and amount of return call I received from their so called manager. Throughtout the day I called the company 5 times. Manager....out of office ......out to lunch....will return your call next....5 mins prior to closing time I called again and the manager told me that a guy by name of Dave will be at my house tomorrow, and will do the job right.

Wednesday a crew arrived at 0930 and asked for full story. This guy is also supposed to be a Supervisor. After telling him the story and that the last tech thought TXV needs replacement because of high head pressure and low suction pressure. This guy said that 410 in his experience are very sensitive to non-condensibles. He believes it is not the TXV but the problem he felt was from not pulling triple vac. This guy went to town and started evacuating the system. Then he replaced the filter-drier near the evap coil. He did not replace the one inside the condenser because it was much smaller than the one he had, even though he brough two of them. Lennox support told me it was okay to have two filter-drier. Now I am wondering shoud that have been replaced (it is difficult to get to). The filter drier this chap installed was by CAL AIR. They brazed it on. Then pressure tested with Nitrogen and found leak at filter drier joint, brazed it some more. Pressure tested it again. Released the Nitrogen and pulled vac. He did this twice. Then pressurized it again with Nitrogen. Then changed his vac pump oil in front of me. He said doing this will allow for the greatest vac. He pulled vac for 30-40 min, he said he achieved below 500 microns as Lennox recommends. Then he connected to R410a and started vapor charging. I told him that Lennox rec liquid charging through liquid line. He said really? He was asking me for a bucket of hot water. I showed him the manual for the HSX19-036 Lennox condenser unit. The tech said I learned something new today. Then I asked him to write down measurements as follows with results:
    Ambient: 72degrees
    Amps: 1st stage: 6.7 2nd Stage: 8.6
    Liquid pressure: 1st Stage: 230 2nd stage: 240
    Vapor Pressure: 1st Stage: 150 2nd stage: 150
    Voltage with Compressor Running: 239
    Approach Temp: 6.1
    Temp Split: 18.8

Now the unit runs, did not have to replace TXV as one tech thought. Company came at 0930, finished at 1330hours.

Send me your thoughts on these #'s.

Econo is one of the very few Lennox dealers in this area but, when you said they did 9-10 jobs like yours each day then it was pretty easy to figure it was them. The triple evac is good IF the third was truly 500 microns or better. The pressures really only tell a small part of the charge what you are looking for is satruation temperature. With 410a systems most manufacturers recommend a txv but, with the tvx you must subcool it to get the charge right. The system being 410a needs to be liquid charged and I belive that it also states that on the refrigerant can as well. The techniqe that this guy used is somthing we do on colder days with r22 to get vapor out of the can rather than liquid charging the r22 system and possibly damaging the compressor. Carrier puts a subcool # on the data plate, Lennox may or may not. Just a guess though the high side pressure seems low but, the system really needs to be subcooled.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast