Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tech says possible contamination?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dec
    I may be wrong but something is starting to smell about this thread.
    Doesn't seem too weird to me.

Post Likes
    This is the same old BS from the know it alls, the same reason that I won't be back to this website!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jamesair
    This is the same old BS from the know it alls, the same reason that I won't be back to this website!

Ya I guess it is the same old BS but if everyone reading this would notice Jamesair claims its the same old bs from the know it alls and he has had 4 posts and has been a member starting this month.......its the third today and it doesnt tell you what day of the month you started but all 4 posts are in this thread. Now you have been here no more then 3-days and your claiming you wont be back for the same reasons.....hummmmmmm ok still smells fishy

[Edited by dec on 06-03-2005 at 11:31 PM]

Post Likes
    Dec. Think what you like, I have no control over that thank god. I am just an above average homeowner, who have had a unsatisfactory experience with this company. I have followed through with formal complaint with Lennox.

Post Likes

Re: 410 A certified

Originally posted by hvacsac
    Yes you can be 410A certified but it`s not a requirement ,i know it`s an open book test but at least they will not the difference between r22 and 410a http://epatest.com/ and if you want bring someone else ask for a NATE certified person http://www.natex.org/ because those guys will fix your problem for sure .
    Having a nate certified technician insures that you have a 50/50 chance of getting your unit fixed correctly or not...hahahaha....

I know people who are as "smart as whip" when it comes to hvac but they dont the practice the principals taught to them...or they become parts changers because of Incentives.... seen some very professional people turn into hacks when they entered business for themself..

Anytime you bring a professional to your home you are throwing the dice.............your best bet is to get rrecomendations from friends, neighbors...etc.... and then all you can do is hope you catch this guy on a good day.

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    I am very glad the company did the correct thing by recognizing and finally correcting the problem. I hope you have good luck with your new system and it gives you many years of service.
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

Post Likes
    having contamination in a syetem the sign is usually high head pressure. sometimes unstable gauges. kink in liquid line usually causes the liquid to flash off too soon and cause low suction pressures. Kink in discharge line in compressor will cause low head pressures. you can check for contaminates by pumping all your refrigerant into the condenser "takes 10 minutes" then check your pressure by the pressure temperature chart bubble point.

THE BEST ANSWER IS TO GET A SECOND OPINION FIND AND DEMAND A RSES CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN OR A NATE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN YOU CAN ALWAYS CONTACT YOUR TRANE YORK CARRIER REP WHICH EVER BRAND IT IS. there are going to be many many unhappy consumers like yourself when we all use 410-a because you have to do a good job when installing a 410-a system mainly due to the hygroscopicity of the poe oil that it uses. hygroscopicity is the oils ability to saturate water which is deadly for your compressor motor windings, water h20 and most refrigerants usually hydrogen, carbon, floraine, chlorine"not 410-a any how it is easy to make hydrochloric acid which will eat the insulation right off the motor windings. Make sure whomever does the repair vacuumes down the system and uses a micron gauge you should be there and be sure he vacuumes it down to 500 microns. He should also purge the system with nitrogen. If there is no nitrogen and no micron gauge send him on his way!! I promise you an rses technician will have these. You could go on the web and find your local rses chapter. good luck Frank

Post Likes
    i glade this worked out for you finaly
    should not have gone on like this and there is no excuse for it. if for nothing else because of all the trouble you have gone through and this co. is a lenox dealor see if lenox will extend your warrenti. also ask them to bring out thier field tech rep and check your system over to make sure it will be ok. lenox may send a nother co. out but it still will not hurt. if you choose to stay with this co. i would recomend you request this last tech to do any service needed and be willing to wait for him. seems he took all of your consers into account and did the right thing. he also admitted he learned something from you. this is a sign of a good tech
    good luch with your new unit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in