can someone please tell me what defrost timer i need for a true freezer model t-23f , serial 1315509. true sent me a ge grasslin dtsx-im-120 . this thing is totally different . i called true and talked to a service man and he said thats the one it calls for . he said it would work with a little wiring . im taking it back to my supplier tomorrow but i need a part number to give him . the one i need is a paragon something. any help would be appreciated .

I'm fairly certain that the Paragon you want is an 8141-00. That Grasslin number doesn't ring a bell at all.

Do you still have access to the old timer? In the upper right hand portion of the front of the timer there should be a sticker with numbers. What you probably need is either an 8145-00 (115v) or 8145-20 (240v). It could be others though. Those are just the most common for a freezer.

Edit: The GE one will probably work just as well though. Just read the instructions to find the wiring to match it up with the old timer. You'll need the numbers off the old timer for this as well.

well i wired in the grasslin timer . the paragon would of been alot faster intalling because i had to take out the old electric box the paragon was in to make room for the grasslin electrical box . which meant i had to untie every wire in the back to get it out . grasslin timer was alot cheaper thats why i went with it . doing it for a favor for family. anyways when i had the clock out i seen one wire hanging there that wasnt going anywhere .its blue with a plastic plug i was like wt? i couldnt find it anywhere on the schematic .anyone know what this blue wire is for ? thanks for all your help great site

[Edited by loadingz on 05-27-2005 at 09:00 PM]

Z ... if the sucker works now ... leave it alone.

You did right by wiring in the grasslin. That takes the mystique from doing things which we might otherwise fear embarking on.

Did you know that the Grasslin would've mounted right in the Paragon box???