Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    We haven't seen over charged units ,from the factory.

Guess I hit a nerve.

They can't ,as of now,idiot proof the install and design,but maybe in the future.

If they ever do, I'm sure you'll sell a bunch more of em'

Originally posted by chillbilly
    Guess I hit a nerve.

Not sure what your motives are,butI'd say it's the other way around.

Motives? C'mon Dash. Whatever do you mean?
    You make a post defending advertising that minimizes the technical ability and experience needed for this trade, and then you resort to asking about my motives?
    My motives are to impart to the general public and customers alike that what we do for them is not "plug and play and walk away".
    It takes training, technical ability and experience, not to mention hard work.

I want to puke whenever I read posts like yours that goes along with the notion that a manufacturer makes things so simple that even a contractor can ALMOST handle installation and diagnosis.(or at least will when they make it idiot proof)
    You can keep your knee pads on for Carrier if you'd like, but this is not my first time at the dance and I'm not going to minimize this trade.
    Hell, customers I see already have a terrible perception of us as it is. No sense in me perpetuating that myth.

Your problem is, it's equipment you don't have access to,so you want to down grade it.There's nothing wrong with Infinity ,Rheems Mod furnace,or other state of the art systems,just superior to what you have access to ,or the knowledge to apply.

Your knees comments ,shows your intellect,which should be clear now,for all to see.

Oh yeah,to paraphrase you,why not answer the OP's questions,wouldn't that be helpful?????????

I'm responding to YOU at present.
    Again, you minimize the trade when you make those types of posts.

I'd say you've put yourself in the "position" of being a defender of the equipment you sell on every front, including their marketing slogans.

I'm quite content with my position here and I hope you are content with your "position".

I don't see where Infinity or my statements minimize the trade,what makes you feel that is does??

Originally posted by dash
    I don't see where Infinity or my statements minimize the trade,what makes you feel that is does??

Use your scroll tool and read your own posts.
    I'm not going to reiterate them for you.

The fact is, there will NEVER be a time when the manufacturer can produce equipment to match their claims, with a perfect example being "plug and play and walk away".
    We do not install or design for Nintendo or X-Box.

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen equipment and controls damaged and miswired with instructions right out of the manuals that seem to be translated from a third world country.
    And yet, here is Dash telling everyone on the site that most of the problems that occur with equipment are contractor related.
    Are you speaking about yourself on that one or what?? Where do you come up with that factoid??
    From Carrier? Or is it just another iffy claim with no real substance? Produce facts with your conjecture or else the ranting idiot finger gets turned in your direction.

You posted that I criticize a line because I don't have "access" to it. That's as funny as it is stupid.
    % of sales for Carrier premium equipment BELOW their top line in this area is minimal at best. Even the best selling contractors in this area only sell a small % of premium equipment. Again, you have no understanding of the demographics outside your own bubble.
    If there were any justification in my area for ANY product, you can bet your flat a$$ that I would have it in a heartbeat buddy. So again, you don't know what you are talking about.

Do the installers and techs that perform work for you feel as though they are doing nothing more than flipping burgers or do they understand how complex and interrelated the principles of their jobs are?

Plug and play is for the low voltage wiring and setup,nothing more,and it does what it says it will do,Sonny,nothing personal,strictly business.

Originally posted by chillbilly
    Originally posted by dash

Use your scroll tool and read your own posts.
    I'm not going to reiterate them for you.

The fact is, there will NEVER be a time when the manufacturer can produce equipment to match their claims, with a perfect example being "plug and play and walk away".
    We do not install or design for Nintendo or X-Box.

Absurd claim!!!

I cannot tell you how many times I have seen equipment and controls damaged and miswired with instructions right out of the manuals that seem to be translated from a third world country.
    And yet, here is Dash telling everyone on the site that most of the problems that occur with equipment are contractor related.
    Are you speaking about yourself on that one or what?? Where do you come up with that factoid??

Actually was thinking of you!

From Carrier? Or is it just another iffy claim with no real substance? Produce facts with your conjecture or else the ranting idiot finger gets turned in your direction.

I can see your finger turned alredy!

You posted that I criticize a line because I don't have "access" to it. That's as funny as it is stupid.
    % of sales for Carrier premium equipment BELOW their top line in this area is minimal at best. Even the best selling contractors in this area only sell a small % of premium equipment. Again, you have no understanding of the demographics outside your own bubble.
    If there were any justification in my area for ANY product, you can bet your flat a$$ that I would have it in a heartbeat buddy. So again, you don't know what you are talking about.

Do the installers and techs that perform work for you feel as though they are doing nothing more than flipping burgers or do they understand how complex and interrelated the principles of their jobs are?

No,they don't feel or act at all like you.LOL

Ok when you two girls are finished I would like to offer alternative questions.

Is this a tweo stage system? If so, is there a way to override it to run at 100%.

Im not busting chops here but if this is indeed a 2 stage, I recall looking a similar blue one up and it didnt have very good latent capacity on low stage, even when in dehumidification mode. If its a single stage then I am surely off base,

Just food for thought but similar to the 180 mph speedo in my car, I can only do 120. Is it remotely possible the limited run time on this machine will not get the humidity any lower until the load increases? I mean just because the control has a set point that doesnt mean its got the capcity. Could it be oversized? If I remember correctly, this is a zoned system, are we dumping all the capcity into only one zone at a time?

The questions you asked in your previous post still have not been answered because we are off topic with BS.
    The owner wants to see results because he has been sold on this holy system. The reality is that his system is performing like every other system we see, we service and we install.
    He won't be able to give you definitive answers to the questions you asked and yet if his system was DESIGNED and INSTALLED with all load considerations met and ductwork sized properly, it would not matter what the manufacturer claims... it would perform properly and be efficient..... as long as it was installed and started up properly by the people performing the work, something the maker does not do.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast