I am trying to decide between Carrier (11 seer/2 stage furnace variable speed) and Lennox (Signature G61MPV-60C-090 and Elite HSXA12-042). Lennox is offering a 5 year labor parts warranty and Carrier a 10 year parts and labor warranty. Price is competitive with Carrier slightly higher.

Any feedback on which system to go with based on repair history/running efficiency & operating costs would be appreciated.

Model # of the Carrier A/C?

Thumbs up

Carrier slightly higher with a 10-yr warranty.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

Carrier Model

Carrier Model quoted is: Weathermaker 8000VS - 58CVA/58CVX; AC is WeatherMaker 38TPA.

Thanks for your help.

In my opinion it's extraordinarily unlikely that both contractors are of the same caliber unless they're both hacks. Few HVAC contractors conduct business with both technical and ethical distinction. Finding just one is hard. Figure out which contractor is the better one and go with his equipment. If you're not convinced that the contractor is key, check the wall of shame forum.

good to see you back, Irascible!

Really? You must not know me very well.

You should really consider my point hvacdecision. Read this article written by the forum founder. About half the time I post a comment like the above the homeowner completely ignores it. People get way too brand-centric. It would be like worrying about whether Bridgestone or Big-O supplied the tires that went on your car rather than worrying about who makes the car. The HVAC equipment OEM is only supplying components. The HVAC contractor is making your system.

It's a work in progress. But you might use this page to make sure things are getting done right.

i could not agree more
    the brand is of no mater if the contractor does not install it right
    find the guy you trust and go with him
    price to some extent should not be a factor and equipment will preform only as well as the installer