Honeywell Coach for Panther

Hi everyone. I need help really fast with to this problem. I designed the AHU strategy in Coach for the Panther controller. The problem is i can't upload the program into the controller. The controller has a serial RS232 port, my laptop doesn't. I also use Windows 7. So i got a USB to serial adapter with drivers and now my Windows detects the adapter as a serial port. I made the connection with the controller but doesn't seem to work, this meaning that Coach doesn't detect the adapter as a serial port.

The guy from Honeywell recommended me a U10-USB network adapter that i'll get in a week. I need to make this work yesterday. He also insisted on Windows XP, but the requirements said it is optional, as the native serial port.

Help?

For those of us in the West...
    Coach-Ax (Honeywell Centraline) is the European equivalent of WEBS workbench.
    Panther is an XL50. AFAIK, this can only be programmed through CARE, and one typically uses the MMI (serial B-port) to download the controller.
    Download via the Lon bus is also possible, which I why I believe the HW person recommended you use the U10-USB Lon adapter.

The fact that you mentioned you are using Coach to actually download the controller surprises me. As per the demo I saw at the ASHRAE show in Vegas, there's a B-port driver in the works (unreleased in the US) to tie a WEBS branded JACE (what you call a Hawk) to an XL50 (Panther) via RS-232. However, I was told programming of the XL50 is still done with CARE.

Thanks Digo!
    I was wondering what the OP was talking about! We're HW BCS and I've never heard of the two products he mentioned. I'm all like WTF.. Coach,Panther??? is he really talking Honeywell!!
    I know of no way to download an XL-50 with Webs. I would be surprised if the HW branch does it.
    They're branch though and they might be able to.
    I have never heard of downloading a compiled C.A.R.E. program through the lon bus. I think HW was directing him to the LonUSB adapter so he could integrate his Xl-50 lon points to the Jace, through workbench. But if he's in Europe it all could be different from what I know!
    Varzet- Bind nvo's, poll nvi's - is the rule I use to bring HW xl controllers to webs.
    RealEyes
    Realize
    RealLies!

I think our original poster is talking about Coach without the AX bit.

This is as you correctly stated digo, a european software tool. It has nothing to do however with the Tridium re-branded workbench.
    It is kind of a CARE tool but is only full of Modal XFM's which you pick and choose for the type of plant you are creating. You cannot make your own switching logic or control strategies, AFAIK.

varzet, I think you are stuffed until you can get a LON adaptor. I'm pretty sure that Coach does not support the serial port like CARE does. Also I'm pretty sure that the Centraline support site has an SRB for Coach 2.1? and it says Windows 7 aint supported yet.
    If you have a copy of Coach you should be a Centraline Partner and be able to log into the Centraline support site for your country, try the FAQ section in the site.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith D View Post
    It is kind of a CARE tool but is only full of Modal XFM's which you pick and choose for the type of plant you are creating. You cannot make your own switching logic or control strategies, AFAIK.

Keith
    Keith, thanks for the clarification.

Digo? Can you download an XL-50's compiled C.A.R.E. program thru Lon?
    RealEyes
    Realize
    RealLies!

Quote Originally Posted by rad1 View Post
    Digo? Can you download an XL-50's compiled C.A.R.E. program thru Lon?
    Technically speaking, it can be done using C-bus over Lon using XL Online Remote. If only it could be done from AX... Wait for Momentum, I hear the B-port driver will give you bus-wide access to c-bus points through a serial connection on a single XL50.

Thanks!! We don't do many Xl's any longer, we lean towards the Ax line-up these days!
    RealEyes
    Realize
    RealLies!

You can also use Excelon to download a controller over Lon.