Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Resteraunt for crabs, then the "Booze Cruise"

Sat. Night. Some of us may have to come in late on Friday. I'd guess I'll be there early. Can't wait.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by Diceman
    Come to the convention and watch me dance like that.
    That would be one for the videocam for sure.

Resteraunt for crabs, then the "Booze Cruise"
    Sat. Night. Some of us may have to come in late on Friday. I'd guess I'll be there early. Can't wait.
    Sounds reasonable. I'll see what I can find for Friday night that won't be so time constraining.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

At this convention, do you guys hang up the HVAC and just have a good time in a party atmosphere? Do you actually have a meeting to discuss how to improve profits? Salesmanship discussions. I guess what i'm asking is, Is this a party or learning convention?

The main thing we all have in common is HVAC, so some HVAC is discussed informally. Mostly it is a party atmosphere though. I think the wives had as good a time as the forum members did. It was quite amazing. We are all pretty much very different types of people with HVAC being a common thread, yet we all really enjoyed each others company for the weekend.

As far as I know, there was not one personality clash...and we discussed politics!

For write off purposes there will be a business session. Last year I gave a 45 second seminar on something about HVAC and got pictures of everyone wearing Goodman hats so the entire convention is a write off.

Ok Robo, so if we make reservations at that hotel, we tell em its for the H-tlk convention, right??
    Cause I am gonna do that soon.
    And if some of you want to stay in cheaper places, no problem we can still use the hotel Robo picked out as a meeting and gathering place. We won't need the party room either. I assume this is the place.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Maryland.html
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I made my reservation at that place, they don't charge ya till ya checkout and you can cancel, so no biggie if plans change.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

I have just spoke to the sales manager, Jim Keanan, who is sending me a contract for the group rate. It is probably best to wait till we get the formal group name of H-Talk convention before booking. I have blocked 15 rooms so we have plenty of leeway.

Let us know, I'll change my reservation then.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Yes everyone got along great at the convention. If you start talking shop it could turn into a "Burning Man Festival". Dice is in charge of pyrotechnics. Also as a word of caution for you newbies----- Never mention the benefits of 'fluoridated drinking water' around the War Department (aka my wife.) or you'll get her on the soapbox for an hour.

We are ready to make the reservations as soon as you give the word , Chairman Robo.

PS. Dice is the 2 min. seminar on superheat still on the agenda?

Originally posted by appltech1
    At this convention, do you guys hang up the HVAC and just have a good time in a party atmosphere? Do you actually have a meeting to discuss how to improve profits? Salesmanship discussions. I guess what i'm asking is, Is this a party or learning convention?
    You'll learn how to party.

In leiu of croquet, howzabout we organize a game of water polo to be played from the paddle boats ?

2 min on superheat is entirely too long, it takes away from the real activities.....how about we all just mention it in passing.
    What the hell is it anyway?

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast