Thread: Bryant VS Carrier...Cost Comparison Question

Post Likes
    After reading the posts on this forum, I have discovered that Bryant and Carrier are the same company. I was looking at the Infinity furnace/AC combo. I understand that the Bryant Evolution is the same as the Carrier Infinity. With all variables being the same with regards to installation,warranty,etc...Is there that much of a difference in purchase price between the 2 systems? I know we cant talk about exact prices but a general ballpark % would be helpful if there is a significant difference?

Post Likes
    The guy I used to work with kept claiming he was getting the Bryant's 2.5 % cheaper.
    He would quote Carrier equipment and then buy Bryant and install it.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Depends on the city/state ,and even more so,the difference between dealers in pricing.

The Carrier Dealer is likely to be more,but their may be a difference in the job they do,or it could be the other wy around.

The Carrier outdoor unit is likely quieter then the Bryant.

Post Likes
    For comparison sake...Lets say the same dealer was able to get both Bryant and Carrier...so install/quality/etc would be exact..only variable would be the actual equipment cost. I keep reading that Bryant is very very similar to Carrier when it comes to overall performance. Other than getting another bid for cost comparison purposes , I just wondered if choosing Bryant over Carrier equipment would make that much of a difference in overall cost. I live in Cincinnati Ohio.

Post Likes

Bryant Vs Carrier

Bryant in this area is sold to contractors at 7-10% less than the equivalent Carrier. United Technologies which owns both tries to gain market share by selling the Bryant to non Carrier dealers.In most areas it is against Carrier corporate policy for a dealer to sell both Carrier & Bryant. In this area, Carrier dealers have to pay freight on small shipments where Bryant dealers do not. Bryant is a forgotten brand in many areas & Carrier would like to have their Bryant line pick up share of market like Trane & American Standard has done with the American Standard line. American Standard sells the American Standard brand to many if not all non Trane dealers. American Standard brand can be purchased for less than the comparable Trane unit. Bryant is a "tweener brand"; its caught between the Carrier & Payne brands by United Technologies. In the competitve Hvac marketplace its hard for a "tweener" to make it big! Anyway, thats the way it is in my neck of the woods!

Post Likes
    Personally I think the higher end Carrier outdoor equipment is better built than the higher end bryant (if there is such a thing), as far as inside stuff goes, its pretty much the same.

Post Likes
    I like the Bryant line and I can't tell any difference at all in performance or quality.
    I'm not sure what Carrier's outdoor unit "is likely quiter than Bryant" means.
    They are one in the same thing and the DB rating is exactly the same.
    Hell, with the compressor cover, I can make either / or quieter.
    I personally think Bryant's outdoor units are more attractive than Carrier's.
    The Bryant guy I deal with actively seeks my business while the Carrier salesman won't even return my calls because he has bigger fish to fry.
    I guess it really does depend on demographics and personal preferences.

Post Likes
    Carrier gets HUSH top and Bryant gets EZA and CKC top,metal screen.I did 2 townhomes and there was a lower noise level on tza VS eza.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Post Likes
    Just like A-S and Trane, the equipment is identical other than the cabinetry of the outdoor units. While being a Bryant/Carrier hater, I like the Carrier Silencer System units with the nice top. Even the top Bryant uses the same wire top as the bottom builder unit. I hear all new outdoor units are coming so we'll see what 2006 brings.

Around here our Bryant supplier has their act together, the Carrier supplier is a nightmare.

Post Likes
    Interesting... Here, our Bryant & Carrier wholesaler are the same guy. As for coils, air handlers, they come to us with both brand tags - we pop off the 'C' and put on the 'B'. Can't tell you about condensor prices, but package units and interior components are same for either brand; I've never asked them about Carrier prices on condensors. Greg

Post Likes
    same thing. installation is the most important. bad install
    means problems. i sell bryant and there reliant (deluxe) equipment is the same as carrier. about the best equipment you can buy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in