JCI M3 Workstation

Has anyone tried loading up M3 Workstation in a newer PC, like a dual core machine? Once of my clients wants to finally upgrade his Pentium machine because it's slow. BTW, they are running 11 N30s on the JCI side, have a separate NIC installed for their network side and also use a Remote Login program to look at the M3. I tried to get them to just let it reside on the BMS, but it's their machine. I don't know why it's so slow. Anyway, the JCI literature says it's compatible with XP Pro SP1. It also says that it does not support more than one processor. In reality, has anyone tried this with good results? I looked into an FX Server, but the licensing fees are kind of nuts. Server Cost, BACnet driver, plus additional licensing in 500 point increments. They have around 7000-8000 points. I would rather go that route, but cannot justify the cost to them. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

2444 Washington Blvd, Suite 100 Ogden, UT
    As an alternative look at going to our S4 Open: OPC-N2 Router, replacing the M3 workstation with the off the shelf Iconics package, and porting the graphics from the M3 to the Iconics package. Contact me offline if you would like more details or costs.
    Steve Jones
    Managing Partner
    The S4 Group, Inc.

also ..I have some flint if you wish to start a campfire.

I had some software with the dual core issue, there was a way to index the software to only use one processor. Problem is I can't remember what or how to do it.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

A fire sounds good about now. Maybe then, they would let me upgrade their network.

vmware or equivalent is all you need. load and run it with XP SP1. you should be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by kontrolphreak View Post
    I had some software with the dual core issue, there was a way to index the software to only use one processor. Problem is I can't remember what or how to do it.

kontrol out
    Interesting side note- In windows 7, the built in Virtual XP machine uses only one core of the processor (this is why VMware images outperform the built in XP system).

I would imaging that if this software requires a one-core system, Win7 might have the solution built in...