YORK GM9V doesn't exist?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

YORK GM9V doesn't exist?

A customer of mine had a York GM9V080B12UP11D furnace installed with a CZH03611A condensor and PC43C3XN1A coil. I'm looking for the ARI for this combo and the efficiency rating for the furnace, and whether it comes with an ECM or PSC motor, but according the the Natural Resources Canada website, there is no such furnace by any manufacturer, and this doesn't come up on the ARI website either. If it doesn't exist, how did it get in this person's house?

Sometimes on the ARI site you have to put an * in because of the different models.

Here ya go:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm aware of that, I've gotten used to working around the stars, the only problem is that the specific model I'm looking for is GM9V080B12UP11D and it seems no York furnace starts with G, they all start with Y. I got the model number off the label that was inside the furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by jdaley View Post
    I'm aware of that, I've gotten used to working around the stars, the only problem is that the specific model I'm looking for is GM9V080B12UP11D and it seems no York furnace starts with G, they all start with Y. I got the model number off the label that was inside the furnace.
    http://www.yorkupg.com/PDFFiles/035-...001-B-1008.pdf

Thanks. Interesting that it doesn't show up on the NRCan database. I guess because it is discontinued.

On another note, why would a company install this with a 2-stage ~18SEER AC in the Toronto area? Seems overkill on the A/C for a fairly basic condensing furnace. Oh well.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks. Interesting that it doesn't show up on the NRCan database. I guess because it is discontinued.

On another note, why would a company install this with a 2-stage ~18SEER AC in the Toronto area? Seems overkill on the A/C for a fairly basic condensing furnace. Oh well.

Thanks for your help.
    2 stage, 95% afue, variable speed sounds more than basic, but i don't know the whole York line.

Did you not even look at my link? Gee whiz.

Its a 2 stage furnace with a VS blower. Thats what you should use on a 2 stage A/C.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Did you not even look at my link? Gee whiz.
    I think I'm missing something here. Your link is for a 4 ton unit with the furnace model number starting with a Y. What I posted is a 3 ton with the furnace model starting with a G.

Its a 2 stage furnace with a VS blower. Thats what you should use on a 2 stage A/C.
    I thought so, but the only ARI listing I could find is for the furnace, which is listed as discontinued. I can't find an ARI listing for the combination of the 3 models together, or for any York furnace starting with G.

I think I'm missing something here. Your link is for a 4 ton unit with the furnace model number starting with a Y. What I posted is a 3 ton with the furnace model starting with a G.

I thought so, but the only ARI listing I could find is for the furnace, which is listed as discontinued. I can't find an ARI listing for the combination of the 3 models together, or for any York furnace starting with G.

Oops...wrong link. This is what I thought I sent .
    Attached Images Attached Images

A customer of mine had a York GM9V080B12UP11D furnace installed with a CZH03611A condensor and PC43C3XN1A coil. I'm looking for the ARI for this combo and the efficiency rating for the furnace, and whether it comes with an ECM or PSC motor, but according the the Natural Resources Canada website, there is no such furnace by any manufacturer, and this doesn't come up on the ARI website either. If it doesn't exist, how did it get in this person's house?
    That is a Goodman model number. 2-stage, (3 ton drive) variable-speed, 80,000BTU, 95% AFUE

The closest I could find was 3135378, but that's with the PC43B coil.
    Search for G*9V*B12 in the furnace model and CZH03611 in the outdoor unit.
    The PC43C coil is in the database, but not with that furnace.

That is a Goodman model number. 2-stage, (3 ton drive) variable-speed, 80,000BTU, 95% AFUE
    I agree, it looks close to a Goodman model number but here are pictures of the unit and the label inside the furnace:

Also if it were Goodman it would be 45 000, 70 000 or 90 000 btu, not 80 000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast