Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hello

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southeast America
    Posts
    14

    Hello

    Hello All. I'm going into A/C, Heating and Refrige program next month. Brand new start-career change. I like to know as much as I can as this could be my next field of employment not to mention my know how to adjust these things in my own home or a friend/family

    Greetings.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    6,915
    Welcome here!

    Students qualify for Pro Membership so all you need is 15 posts and send in an application. That gets you access to all the good stuff in the pro section.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Andover Kansas
    Posts
    2,115
    Welcome and good luck with school.
    .


    The statement below is my signature and just my overall feeling towards our industry and does not necessarily pertain to you nor this thread.


    There really isn't a legitimate excuse for not doing the job correctly!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    SouthEast NC ICW & Piedmont Foothills
    Posts
    7,619
    welcome

    and you'll be sorry for working on family & friends equipment, they'll expect it for free
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southeast America
    Posts
    14
    Hello

    I have an interesting issue. I have a Tempstar heat pump [2002]. Today I decided to do a 2-for-1 job on MY unit: add a hard start kit to start capacitor and general hose down with garden house on the outdoor coil inside. I covered all the connections that have a curret wire running in it[hard wires]. First thing first... i know the hard start kit worked cuz i briefly tested it but turning the power back on and running a quick run on the indoor thermostat. after that I covered the things like RVS component and other eletrically runned parts with a brand new garbage bag. i triple check to make sure nothing important gets wet while i just clean the outdoor coil and the bottom drainage sunken areas to run the water out... now..... here comes the interesting part.... i simply put the outdoor fan motor back on top in the same way it came off by facing the 3 wires connect by the white plastic connector that will carry the connection to the board... i waited apx. about 45 minutes to an hour before re-starting... ....... now i use the thermostate in either heat or on.... i hear and feel the energy of the fan motor and it is getting hot but it won't turn... i am thinking a voltmeter check is needed for the voltage going thru the contactor or relay....but the board and relay are outside of the outdoor coil unit and in this case would for sure not get wet....... i think I remember that when calling for cool on thermostat on heat pump the outdoor fan unit comes on last and go off first depending on thermostat selection... but i think the fan motor is getting to hot... my question now is how long I wait until that outdoor fan motor turns?????????? The inddor fan motor is fine and comes on.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by B.B. View Post
    Hello

    I have an interesting issue. I have a Tempstar heat pump [2002]. Today I decided to do a 2-for-1 job on MY unit: add a hard start kit to start capacitor and general hose down with garden house on the outdoor coil inside. I covered all the connections that have a curret wire running in it[hard wires]. First thing first... i know the hard start kit worked cuz i briefly tested it but turning the power back on and running a quick run on the indoor thermostat. after that I covered the things like RVS component and other eletrically runned parts with a brand new garbage bag. i triple check to make sure nothing important gets wet while i just clean the outdoor coil and the bottom drainage sunken areas to run the water out... now..... here comes the interesting part.... i simply put the outdoor fan motor back on top in the same way it came off by facing the 3 wires connect by the white plastic connector that will carry the connection to the board... i waited apx. about 45 minutes to an hour before re-starting... ....... now i use the thermostate in either heat or on.... i hear and feel the energy of the fan motor and it is getting hot but it won't turn... i am thinking a voltmeter check is needed for the voltage going thru the contactor or relay....but the board and relay are outside of the outdoor coil unit and in this case would for sure not get wet....... i think I remember that when calling for cool on thermostat on heat pump the outdoor fan unit comes on last and go off first depending on thermostat selection... but i think the fan motor is getting to hot... my question now is how long I wait until that outdoor fan motor turns?????????? The inddor fan motor is fine and comes on.
    Ask your instructor at HVAC school.

    We would be glad to help you over in the pro forums. You have had almost 2 years to get the 15 posts required for pro membership.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southeast America
    Posts
    14
    15 total posts...okay i understand... so this is post #3.. i need a few more.. I am done with the program....however one aspect i didn't cover was general water cleaning the coil[outdoor] and making sure eletric items remain dry..




    Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Ask your instructor at HVAC school.

    We would be glad to help you over in the pro forums. You have had almost 2 years to get the 15 posts required for pro membership.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by B.B. View Post
    15 total posts...okay i understand... so this is post #3.. i need a few more.. I am done with the program....however one aspect i didn't cover was general water cleaning the coil[outdoor] and making sure eletric items remain dry..
    I don't cover anything when I wash them out. They get rained on all the time.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event