Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    all jokes aside, its Bush fault! such incompetent like Obama would had never been elected if it wasn't for the despise the Americans felt for GW, like it or not Bush opened the door for massive government grow and waste, as far as I know Bush and Obama differ only in skin color.

I wish gas would hit 6.00 a gallon and stay there. Then I could get one of those $60,000.00 Ford Pickups for a decent price. Maybe .20 on the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I wish gas would hit 6.00 a gallon and stay there. Then I could get one of those $60,000.00 Ford Pickups for a decent price. Maybe .20 on the dollar.
    Be careful what you wish for.....

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    My bus pass cost me the same this month as last month.

Buy Canadian oil. Not that unstable Middle Eastern oil. Buy democratic Canadian oil. We are your friends. Buy Canadian oil. Buy Canadian oil. This is a subliminal message. And it is working. Buy Canadian oil.

That's good that you can ride the bus. Unfortunalty alot of us don't live in areas on a bus route. I also have to heat my house with fuel oil ( no natural gas lines close to my street). Companies will be adding a fuel surcharge again and the price of pretty much everything you buy will become more expensive,at least in the States it will. Is Canada oil dependant or do you guys not import?

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    That's good that you can ride the bus. Unfortunalty alot of us don't live in areas on a bus route. I also have to heat my house with fuel oil ( no natural gas lines close to my street). Companies will be adding a fuel surcharge again and the price of pretty much everything you buy will become more expensive,at least in the States it will. Is Canada oil dependant or do you guys not import?
    Just teasing. Mind you one of the factors in buying my house was transportation. Upgraded the insulation last year and I am now using 20% less energy. Work with some guys that drive trucks and live out of town, they are putting in $100 a week just to get to work. I could have lived out there too but I knew cheap energy days are long gone.

Energy prices go up here as anywhere else. We do import oil in the eastern part of the country as we do not have the pipeline capacity to supply them. Pretty much all our exports go to you guys, we even beat out Saudi Arabia (2,500 to their 1,500 thousand barrels a day, 2008) as your top supplier.

What can I say, you guys are good for our economy.

Hate to bump my own thread but I didn't feel like starting another one. Oil is now at $104 a barrel .I had to search a bit for a story about the gas prices. I guess this is not an issue to many as nobody appears to be outraged about it.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/04/news...ices/index.htm

Hate to bump my own thread but I didn't feel like starting another one. Oil is now at $104 a barrel .I had to search a bit for a story about the gas prices. I guess this is not an issue to many as nobody appears to be outraged about it.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/04/news...ices/index.htm
    What you going to do about it? Oil is traded as a commodity and its value is set by the market. The market is nervous and that increases its value.

I heard a blurb somewhere about how petroleum is taxed. I cannot recall the exact specifics, but the taxing entities get A LOT, at many points in the processing, transportation and refining. Anyone up on this? Seems it is going to get ugly if this source of income takes a big hit. If electric cars do become really viable and make a substantial impact, the gas tax at the pump will have to be replaced for roads? (heard a GPS based system will track mileage and bingo, a use tax!)
    G T T

“In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends”

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    What you going to do about it? Oil is traded as a commodity and its value is set by the market. The market is nervous and that increases its value.
    Nothing that I can personally do. This time it is nothing but speculation.There is no stoppage of our oil at the moment that I know of because this has been buried by our liberal media. Our country has options : More drilling here, Russian oil ,more Canadian oil ,release the reserves ,etc. My outrage if more focused on why nobody seems to care about it this time around. Alternative fuels are a long ways away to helping this situation out. Using our land to create these fuels is also an issue that is having an impact on the food shortage. No easy answer. To add to this, oil at $105 a barrel now.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    I'm considering a motorcycle with trailer for service this summer.
    Have the Tuttles build a custom HVAC bike, 410 tank on one side, 22 on the other. Manifold gauges instead of speedometer and tach, *****in paint job, frame built from black iron, etc.

Angry

Nothing that I can personally do. This time it is nothing but speculation.There is no stoppage of our oil at the moment that I know of because this has been buried by our liberal media. Our country has options : More drilling here, Russian oil ,more Canadian oil ,release the reserves ,etc. My outrage if more focused on why nobody seems to care about it this time around. Alternative fuels are a long ways away to helping this situation out. Using our land to create these fuels is also an issue that is having an impact on the food shortage. No easy answer. To add to this, oil at $105 a barrel now.
    It's always the the speculators or "punks" as I like to call them on wall street that drive up the oil and gas prices. Not supply and demand this time nore was it last time. Did you hear that, they just made another billion.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacpope View Post
    all jokes aside, its Bush fault! such incompetent like Obama would had never been elected if it wasn't for the despise the Americans felt for GW, like it or not Bush opened the door for massive government grow and waste, as far as I know Bush and Obama differ only in skin color.
    I think the Republicans in congress were more to blame than Bush for pissing off the electorate. And the massive "it's all Bush's fault" campaign waged by The Dems and Hollywood didn't help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12