Thread: want a change

Looking for a solid residential position oportunity. My needs are.

# 1 Take home truck
    # 2 Fully Paid bcbs to include family
    # 3 A boss that works with his employees
    # 4 A say so in how the customers are treated
    # 5 we work as a team or not at all....
    # 6 must take pride in common goals
    # 7 do not hire more people than you need
    employees depend on a full time check just like the
    the boss.
    # 8 treat your employees great it will reward you and
    your bottom line a truly happy employee will look out
    your best intrest.
    # 9 simple give a s--t

I live in michigan I am employed full time I simply miss doing residential.

drop your email in your profile so others can contact you if needed

Originally posted by ronw1863
    Looking for a solid residential position oportunity. My needs are.

# 1 Take home truck
    # 2 Fully Paid bcbs to include family
    # 3 A boss that works with his employees
    # 4 A say so in how the customers are treated
    # 5 we work as a team or not at all....
    # 6 must take pride in common goals
    # 7 do not hire more people than you need
    employees depend on a full time check just like the
    the boss.
    # 8 treat your employees great it will reward you and
    your bottom line a truly happy employee will look out
    your best intrest.
    # 9 simple give a s--t

I live in michigan I am employed full time I simply miss doing residential.
    I understand what we all would like as far as a boss and bennies but it sounds a little more like you want to make all the rules and not the boss that you work for. Just my obsevation of your post. I guess you know what you want but I pretty much shy away from hiring someone telling me how to run my business. Maybe its just me tho....lol

Throwing out criteria like that makes it sound like you will never be happy with wherever you are.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

an employee with expectations is an employee that takes his job personal and serious. I personally have the same expectations, and they all stem from previous employers. I have only been in the trade for about 10 months, and just in those 10 months i have experienced bosses that are hard up and dont seem to put forth the same effort that I was at the time. That demotivated me, and slowed me down, I had to leave. And now I'm workin for some Idiot that cant get his head out of his ass long enough to make some NICE money.

My buddy of a long time will open his own bussiness some day soon and will set a new standard in this trade. Because he has people like that that have expectaions, and in return the boss has expectations. what I'm saying is that if I owned my own shop .. or any bussiness for that matter, I would like for my employees to have expectaions, and feel rewarded for hard honest quality work. that is my opinion

Ron is not telling anyone how to run their business.

Sidenote though, a man who takes pride in his work will make constructive sugestions.
    A man who wishes to learn ... one who is teachable, he will listen to sugestions and make adjustments to his daily operations. And he will prosper!

A man who is simply too proud to listen, making him un-teachable, tells us all he isnt interested in how to run a business profitably!
    He is not a team player.
    And it shows in his employee's faces. They are not happy. They simply work there and do what they are told.

Kind of reminds us of the European Feudal system of the Dark Ages.

Most every small contractor who hired a consultant ... once they received the report ... they were to frightened to implement the changes recomended.
    And this was given from people outside the industry!

Now why shouldnt insiders be given more creedance than consultants?

Ron didnt come up with that check list himself. He copied most of it from this forum!!!

And the reason behind it being writen in the first place was a considerate contractor came here asking the very questions Ron's checklist just answered!

The guys wanted to learn what we want!

How odd .... someone who is a business owner admitting he might have need of answers from service mechanics!?

Some might call that humility. I call it reality!

Unless ya went to Harvard Business school or did your share of start ups .... you are just a mechanic and or installer.
    Be it commercial, residentail or industrial!
    And the only thing that makes you a business man is experience.
    And since it is a commonly known fact that just because you are a great mechanic and or installer does NOT mean you know jack about business!

In fact, the stats show that most do NOT know how to run a business.

But if we had to be educated or trained before we entered into adventures ... few of us would ever wed!
    Much less enter into a business of our own.
    The training is just too strenous & time consuming!

I guess our history shows why unions started in the first place.
    Business owners figured they knew how to take care of employee's needs WITHOUT help from employee's themselves or other such people!

Nobody wanted to listen to what the employee had to say.
    And I see here there are still that type of ancient mindset yet alive and kicking against us!
    And so I guess that is why people often say .... "History repeats itself!"

And I guess that's just one more reason we still have so many unions still thriving today!
    And I figure that's also why we have so many complaints filed with State Labor Boards against employers who act immaturely!

Question .... what is the first skill our parents taught us once we were born?

Answer. ...TO LISTEN