+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Heatilator Solid Chimney

Post Likes
    I'm trying to extend the height of my 20 year old Heatilator chimney. It's a solid pack insulation 8" ID chimney (IC8 series part numbers.) Heatilator no longer makes this, and none of the distributors in their database have any old stock. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can proceed? I'm looking for someone who might have a part (I need 36", IC836 or equivalent pieces), or whether there's an alternate chimney I could use to replace the whole thing. I'd prefer not to replace the fireplace, which is a Heatilator FP36 (woodburning) from 1985.

Thanks.

Post Likes
    If you are located anywhere near Madison, WI, one of our installers has a ton of old pipe. Is that tripple wall pipe you are looking for?

Post Likes
    Thanks, I'm not near Madison, but am willing to pay for shipping if your guy has the right pipe. It's actually not a triple wall. It's a solid pack, 8" ID and about 10.5" OD. The Heatilator part number I'm looking for is IC836, though I could also use smaller pieces to make up the 36" length, such as two IC818's. Does it make sense for me to contact your installer directly? If so, please give me his contact info.

Yours,

Terry

Post Likes
    I'll ask him next time I see him if he remebers having any of that.

Post Likes
    I talked to him today, he doesn't have any. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Post Likes
    Thanks anyway. I appreciate your asking. If you hear of anyone else, please let me know.

Post Likes
    tsauer,

Did you by chance find anyone who sells this chimney pipe? I have the exact same issue as you and have only hit roadblocks.

Let me know if you have had any success.

Thanks

Post Likes

Chimney sections

I have 2 36" sections of the solid pack insulated chimney for the FP36. I used to have 3 and recently sold one and although I still have the actual firebox also I'd be willing to junk that and just sell the chimney sections together or separately. Thanks

Post Likes
    You will probably endup buying new pipe any pipe of that same style should work if you get the new pipe in the same inside diameter but you will have to run all new from fireplace out cause most brands do not inter change or if there is a brand name on the pipe you could get the same brand and put it on the old pipe. A company had to make that pipe for hetalator you just have to find which one.

Post Likes

Exclamation

NCL, that factory chimney was mfd. tested and listed by Heatilator. You cannot mix other brands or models of pipe including other HL chimney. You should not be re-using old used chimney. If the old chimney is unused in the original packaging, that's fine.

Post Likes
    Yeah I know you cannot mix brands and such but he could run a whole new pipe from the fireplace out that meet or exceeds the specs of the old pipe correct?

Post Likes

Exclamation

The only chimney pipe that meets the original pipe is the pipe tested and listed by the mfr.--period. Fireplace chimney is not like woodstoves, heater chimney or B-vent where you can use whatever brand you want. The air cooled chimney is extensively tested with that fireplace. If you took another brand chimney and somehow modified it to mate up with that fireplace and it was not tested with it, you could burn the house down but at the very least you void the warranty and listing.

Keep in mind there are a few fireplaces out there tested and listed with other very specific chimney pipe. For instance, Some of the early Heat N Glo Energy Master fireplaces were tested and listed for use with certain Temco and Majestic air cooled chimney. They made a special adapter for each. This was because at the time, HG did not roll their own chimney pipe. Nowadays, their pipe is made by their sister company Heatilator.

If you cannot find the same chimney as original, check with the mfr.'s technical services for any possible listed substitutes.
    HTH

Post Likes

I have the pipes you need

tasuer, if you still need these chimney pipes, I have three available...IC836. I purchased a used insert and pipes and didn't need all the pipes, so I have these available. Let me know if you need them. I'm located in Minneapolis, MN.

Post Likes

new old heatilator in box chimney piece

I have an old new heatilator chimney piece it is 8" in the id. I am not sure what IC it is as the instructions are with it . If Interested I will email you some pictures. How much is one piece worth.

Post Likes
    Does anybody still have some Heatilator IC836 fireplace chimney with 8" ID? I just need one section of it to extend an existing chimney.

Post Likes

Heatilator IC8xx chimney pipes

greglox,

Do you still have any IC836 chimeny pipes? I could use a section.

Post Likes

HEATILATOR IC824 CHIMNEY SECTION

Anyone need a chimney section IC824 24" I have one new section still in box.

Post Likes

Heatilator IC824 section

Yes, I'm interested in that. I'll email your aol address taht you registered with. Thanks!

Post Likes
    I know this is an old thread. What are 36in and 48in, 10in OD X 8in ID sections worth?

Post Likes
    Hearthman,
    Do you know of anyone with old Temco triple chimney pipe? I have reached roadblock after roadblock. Inner is 8", middle is 11", outer is 13 3/8". We are trying to extend the current chimney without spending the money for a whole new gas fireplace. Our model is #TEC36-1AD. Appreciate your help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in