Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

new old heatilator in box chimney piece

I have an old new heatilator chimney piece it is 8" in the id. I am not sure what IC it is as the instructions are with it . If Interested I will email you some pictures. How much is one piece worth.

Does anybody still have some Heatilator IC836 fireplace chimney with 8" ID? I just need one section of it to extend an existing chimney.

Heatilator IC8xx chimney pipes

greglox,

Do you still have any IC836 chimeny pipes? I could use a section.

HEATILATOR IC824 CHIMNEY SECTION

Anyone need a chimney section IC824 24" I have one new section still in box.

Heatilator IC824 section

Yes, I'm interested in that. I'll email your aol address taht you registered with. Thanks!

I know this is an old thread. What are 36in and 48in, 10in OD X 8in ID sections worth?

Hearthman,
    Do you know of anyone with old Temco triple chimney pipe? I have reached roadblock after roadblock. Inner is 8", middle is 11", outer is 13 3/8". We are trying to extend the current chimney without spending the money for a whole new gas fireplace. Our model is #TEC36-1AD. Appreciate your help.

Gary, I think the last surviving sections of Temco chimney went about 10-15 years ago. There is no approved replacement chimney or repair. I'm afraid your only option is to replace the whole thing. You referred to this as a gas fireplace. This is a woodburning fireplace is it not? Do you mean you have gas logs installed into a factory built woodburning fireplace? Unless I miss my guess, your fireplace is about 30 years old, right? Probably has outlived its useful life anyway. What does the rating plate say?

Save up until you can replace it with a modern listed gas direct vent that actually provides heat without the danger of flue gas spillage, odors, or sucking 400-600 cfm up the stack. It can also function as a backup heat source during power outages as well as an efficient zone heater. What you have now is junk, no offense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12