Lightbulb

Installation is a industrial cooling application, chilled water. Customer insists that we give them a free 2nd year parts and labor warranty. I know industry standard is 1-year parts and labor. In industrial applications 1 year is more than generous since they use and abuse the equipment all year round. What do you usually offer on new installations? 40+ tons
    An astronaut stuck in space was asked by a reporter, "How do you feel?"
    "How would you feel," the astronaut replied, "if you were stuck here, on top of 20,000 parts each one supplied by the lowest bidder?"

"do it right or do it twice"

Talking

as soon as I walk out of the place...warraty is OVER !!!

As most manufacturers parts warranty period is for one year you will be exposing yourself to enormous risk if there is major component failure. I suggest looking into insurance coverage for the 2nd year to cover the parts and/ the labor. Companies like Marsh McClellan and Lloyd's of London handle this all the time. Just price it accordingly.

Most manufactures provide extended warranties, but you have to pay for it.

hvacdoctor

If your client wants a second year then he should have to pay something toward that. The compressor can usually have an additional 4 year warranty extended from the factory but the remaining parts should have some monies put in for those items. Also, for a second year You should get a full maintanence contract to cover yourself.