Hybrid View

Carrier varislide ecomonizers

I have a few units that have the old slide econonizers. I called carrier to order the drive screw that connects to the motor and moves the damper up or down. Carrier can not find a part number. Does anyone have a part number for the drive screw? The carrier unit model is 48djd008-series--601.
    The ecomonizers tag has it to be a 50dk300339a.

Thanks

Start with this at your supply house.

50DK406752
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

I had the same issue at one of my accounts. I gave all the info to our parts guy and he informed me that we could get the parts but it would actually be cheaper for the customer to replace the entire economizer. Carrier has a new design which consist of plastic gears on each end of the dampers. Very easy replacemant. Look into this, Carrier has a tendency to make things obsolete that aren,t that old.

Quote Originally Posted by gobrowns View Post
    I had the same issue at one of my accounts. I gave all the info to our parts guy and he informed me that we could get the parts but it would actually be cheaper for the customer to replace the entire economizer. Carrier has a new design which consist of plastic gears on each end of the dampers. Very easy replacemant. Look into this, Carrier has a tendency to make things obsolete that aren,t that old.
    +1, my carrier rep literally told me I would have to change the whole assembly when all I had wrong was an end switch

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 10-25-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: non AOP member

npeterson

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.